[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
What price were you asking here?
Originally Posted by irfubar
What price were you asking here?

I was asking $1,750 for gun and $100 for scope and rings
But I would have taken $1,750 for the package (which is now the Buy it Now price on Gunbroker)
So subtracting the $45 Gunbroker fee, you're willing to take $1705 from buyers on Gunbroker, but were asking $1850 from folks on this site?

*Actually, without a reserve you're willing to accept about $1500 for it if bids do not materialize. Hope it works out for you
Originally Posted by tmitch
So subtracting the $45 Gunbroker fee, you're willing to take $1705 from buyers on Gunbroker, but were asking $1850 from folks on this site?

*Actually, without a reserve you're willing to accept about $1500 for it if bids do not materialize. Hope it works out for you

I thought it might be worth $1,850 delivered and insured to a motivated buyer on this Forum, especially with the correct scope, rings and and bases.
1850 here and 1550 on gunbroker.........
While you have about as fine a FW there as you're going to find, it has been my experience that most here on the 'Fire are looking for rifles in the $900-$1200.00 range.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
While you have about as fine a FW there as you're going to find, it has been my experience that most here on the 'Fire are looking for rifles in the $900-$1200.00 range.

Exactamundo. That's exactly what I was telling a member here just a second ago. Not that we are all cheap bastids, we are just looking for the best deal!!!!!! grin
I was fortunate to find a nice .30-06 Featherweight for $730.00 shipped, metal was 95% or so but the stock finish was flaked and it had a pad. Stripped the finish and applied some Linspeed and had a Decelerator pad installed and I had a fine hunter '06 FW.
bushmaster, I hope you get what you are wanting out of your beautiful fwt on GB. Generally I will post there if I am wanting a certain (higher) amount. But then one of my buddies here (not going to say names), sees my ad there and then PM's me here.... Generally I'll lower the price significantly to sell to someone here and end the GB auction, if no one has bid on it yet. That's just me though. If you are set on your price and it's more than guys here want to pay, then by all means list it on GB. I have no qualms about that. I'm with the rest of the guys here that are looking for a great deal. I have a line on a beautiful 243 fwt (made in '57), right now for $1,100.00 locally. I may jump, I may not.....Getting ready for elk hunting right now, so guns are at the bottom of my list of things I need to worry about... wink
I got the $1,750 plus shipping
One of these might be next:
Feel free to let the Forum know what you think a fair price would be

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bushmaster,
I had an experience very similar to yours. And ironically it was also with a pre-64 243 fwt!
© 24hourcampfire