Home
I don't remember seeing too many pre 64 model 70s in 300 Win and it seems like very one I did see had a recoil pad on it. However, I saw one this weekend for sale that is in a proper late pre 64 stock without the recoil pad. Did Winchester offer the 300 Win both with and without pad?

Thanks for any help.
All Winchester pre 64 model 70's in 300 win mag had factory installed recoil pads as far as I know.
Originally Posted by Levers
I don't remember seeing too many pre 64 model 70s in 300 Win and it seems like every one I did see had a recoil pad on it.

That has been my experience, too.
Another reason is the .300 came out in 1963 - the last year of pre 64 production.
I have a 1963 Model 70 in .300 Win Mag that does have a pad, but it had also been put in a Boyd's laminate stock prior to my acquiring it. Great rifle, very accurate!

Mike Holmes
This gun is in a proper and correct Winchester stock for 1963 but, the stock is full length withOUT the recoil pad. The seller, of course, is convinced it is 100% proper.
Do you know what the length of pull is with the recoil pad on?
Im trying to remember if I have ever encountered a pre-64 M70 in 300 WIN MAG in the flesh. I have seen very few in 300H&H once I think about it.
I have owned 3 ,300 win mag ' Westerners' , all three has vent rib pads,two had fwt floor plates, both of those had the WP stamp high on the receiver ring. the very best WinPoor
© 24hourcampfire