Home
There is a really nice pre-'64 Model 70 in 264 Win Mag at the Cabela's Gun Library at the LaVista, NE, store. 402-861-4800.

This is one of the nicest pre-'64 Model 70s that I've seen since I traded my Father's collection of them to Bearrr264 16 years ago. It is pricey, $1,700 IIRC, but it has condition, condition, condition and is chambered for one of the less common cartridges. If you're in the market for this rara avis, I don't think that you'll be disappointed.
Is it a standard wt. or fwt westerner?
IIRC, it has a monte carlo style stock, so I think that it is a fwt. I only picked it up because it looked out of place in a rack full of Ruger 77s, but I didn't look closely at it.
I have a very nice one listed in classifieds that is priced at $1395
Cabela's prices most of their used guns at maximum prices or higher. For example, the LaVista store currently has several Remington 722s and 788s priced between $600 and $900. They do have a really nice 722 deluxe in 222 with a proper period Kollmorgen scope and Stith Mount, but they are asking $900 for it.
Cabela's mark up is at least 30%. All used guns go through the gun library.
Sometimes they don’t know what they have. I bought a real nice Kleinguenther from them for 400.00. It was worth 1200.00 easy.
© 24hourcampfire