Home
I thought I would post this here with maybe better luck...

Looking for very good original finish bottom metal, all pieces where the finish is matching.
Pre-64 or post, long or short?
Pre 64 featherweight short.
Ebay
There was a set offered in the classifieds but I didn't look at the details as far as pricing and condition.
Ebay had one but I got out bidded. I think it went a little high at almost $200.
I had some FWT bottom metal in the classifieds, both a complete set and a floorplate only. Both are now sold. BTW there is no such thing as long or short action in Win. pre'64 M/70 when it comes to bottom metal it was ll the same length. Only thing different was the spacer in .243/.308.358 and the longer box for magnum calibers like .300/.375 H &H.
I do not think there is a matched set available; even pristine models were highly mismatched.
I'm pretty sure I have a set, I'll take a look and get back to you.
Phil
You might try pre64win.com
Pre 64 model 70 Aluminum floor plate and trigger guard
TenX helped me out with this. Thanks!
I'm curious about how to touch-up an aluminum pre-64 floor plate.

I have a '54 FW in .308, virtually pristine except that someone in about 20 seconds made circular scratches in the floorplate using an oversized screw driver. Any idea what paint to use (I'm thinking gloss spray enamel) to clean this up, or should I just leave it alone?
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
I'm curious about how to touch-up an aluminum pre-64 floor plate.

I have a '54 FW in .308, virtually pristine except that someone in about 20 seconds made circular scratches in the floorplate using an oversized screw driver. Any idea what paint to use (I'm thinking gloss spray enamel) to clean this up, or should I just leave it alone?

You can have it re-anodized. If you wanted to be cheaper, I guess you could spray paint it with some ceramic paint, duracoat, or even cerakote it.. Brownells also sells a paint called Aluma-Hyde that resists chemicals and cleaning solvents...
I'd keep an eye on eBay, high condition Fwt. bottom metal can be had for around $100.00. Imho any attempt to refinish and match the original anodized finish would be futile and it would stand out like a sore thumb right next to the factory anodized finish on the bow guard....
Originally Posted by Poconojack
I'd keep an eye on eBay, high condition Fwt. bottom metal can be had for around $100.00. Imho any attempt to refinish and match the original anodized finish would be futile and it would stand out like a sore thumb right next to the factory anodized finish on the bow guard....

I agree...
© 24hourcampfire