Home
Posted By: stiab Question about M-70 in .284... - 02/26/18
I asked this question in Hunting Rifles section, but realize now I should post it here also. I recently acquired a Model 70 Classic in .284 at an estate auction, and am having difficulty finding info about it online. I think they were made in the early 90's, but the only site I can find about the Classic DBM does not show production in .284 caliber. Am traveling now and can't post pics for a few days.

Does anyone have knowledge of this rifle or know of an a web resource with any information? Thanks for your help...
I remember a little about this from a while back. I think this is accurate but certainly not in stone. There weren't many produced....less than 500 I think. They are rare but I don't think they are highly sought after. I think the last one I saw was priced at about $1500.
I saw one for 2000, don't know what it sold for though.
Thanks for the replies, will post pics within a week and appreciate any additional info.
Here the pics, any additional information would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to find some Winchester historical reference or catalog mention of the rifle. Below the pics is a link that a friend found from this forum that is 14 years old. Thanks again...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/252597/284_Winchester_Bolt_Guns
© 24hourcampfire