Home
Posted By: Cutlass1971 Would You? - 05/19/18
If you had a Winchester Model 94 Bicentennial with box and antler plaque, which has never been fired. Would you shoot and hunt the gun on occasion?
Posted By: tmitch Re: Would You? - 05/19/18
Nope. I sell it and buy a shooter.

JMO YMMV whistle
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Would You? - 05/19/18
I would shoot it. Winchester made a ton of them.
Posted By: Cutlass1971 Re: Would You? - 05/19/18
I feel the same way. 19,999 were made. I will never sell it,I inherited it from my grandpa over 10 years ago. He took a loan to buy it new in 1976 and never fired it. Maybe taking a deer and antelope with it would honor him better than sitting in the back of my safe.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Would You? - 05/19/18
Originally Posted by Cutlass1971
I feel the same way. 19,999 were made. I will never sell it,I inherited it from my grandpa over 10 years ago. He took a loan to buy it new in 1976 and never fired it. Maybe taking a deer and antelope with it would honor him better than sitting in the back of my safe.

Agreed!
Posted By: Cutlass1971 Re: Would You? - 05/24/18
Well I shot 10 rounds through the rifle at 65 yards. First three were off the target, adjusted down and shot three more, made one more adjustment down and shot four. Shots were supported by a log and my hand from kneeling. Not sure how to move windage on the sights, but it seems to shoot good. Factory blue box federal ammo. Point of aim was the bottom of the black circle because that's all I could see with open sights.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Youper Re: Would You? - 05/24/18
What I see on the target is all the shots hitting at 3:00. Is this correct?
Posted By: Cutlass1971 Re: Would You? - 05/24/18
Bottom of the black circle was point of aim, so about 4 inches high and right.
Posted By: Bushmaster1313 Re: Would You? - 05/27/18
To adjust the windage to the left you use a wooden dowel and small hammer to drift the rear sight to the left or a sight pusher to drift the front sight to the right
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Would You? - 05/27/18
shoot it
Posted By: Cutlass1971 Re: Would You? - 05/27/18
Thanks Bushmaster. I have zero experience with lever guns but found out they are fun to shoot.
© 24hourcampfire