Home
Posted By: Sweets 243 featherweight - 12/02/18
I've been looking at a model 70 243 featherweight for a while now at lgs. Here's what I saw today. Rollmark on barrel model 70 SA 243 (does sa mean short action?) New haven conn. Featherweight in script opposite side. G 3....... Serial number. Cannot remember exact number. Red buttpad with olin (couldn't see that clear in light). Not sure what I'm looking at. Nice looking rifle, with leupold 2x7 compact. On consignment for 850. What year is it? Snatch it or walk away. Need imput from you knowledgeable winnies guys. Thanks.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: 243 featherweight - 12/02/18
I do believe the SA stands for "Short Action". A look at the Winchester web says the .243 come in a short action.
Posted By: Odessa Re: 243 featherweight - 12/02/18
IIRC the short action was introduced around 1984, under USRAC ownership.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 243 featherweight - 12/02/18
I have a 308 SA (short action) in same configuration.

It is a nice shooting rifle. Very accurate. Action is like butter. No complaints.

If the rifle is in high condition, the price is reasonable with the scope included IMO
Posted By: 79S Re: 243 featherweight - 12/02/18
It's a 80's early 90's made featherweight the script featherweight is the give away. On the classic series they stamped all the ones upto the 6 digits classic featherweight, classic stainless and didn't know do it in script etc. Once they got into the 7 digits they stopped stamping the barrel classic stainless, classic featherweight, classic sM, etc.
© 24hourcampfire