Home
The seller said on November 23:
Receiver SN: 15875 Barrel SN: 12565

Link to the auction is here

Do we think the winning bidder, who bid $3,525 on November 24, and the two next highest bidders, who bid $3,225 and $3,500 on November 30, didn't know or didn't care about the mismatch.

[Linked Image]

Personally, unless I really knew the market, or really wanted to shoot this IM/F solid rib 12 gauge gun, I would not bid this kind of money on a mismatched anything.
Not the first crazy price realized at an auction especially when there's a bidding war. Bidders lose all touch with reality in the heat of competition with others to win.
That's the beauty of an auction if you are a seller.

You get 2 knuckleheads that care more about winning than money and your POS gun can go for stupid money.

Doesn't happen every time, but there is always a chance... wink

If the stock is original, as a shooter, one could spend more and get less. Much less. wink Although that one looks like it has more comb drop than what most want today.
A M21 12 ga. barrel recently sold for $1,175 (8 bidders) on eBay....
If you weren't a shooter why would you be buying a M 21 ?
Originally Posted by 458Win

So my other winchester 21 would not get lonely:
[Linked Image]

Agree, but there are many who are just lookers, Pre 64 70's being one of the most common Winchester examples. By the way, that Model 12 of yours is one of the nicest I have ever seen.
Originally Posted by battue

Agree, but there are many who are just lookers, Pre 64 70's being one of the most common Winchester examples. By the way, that Model 12 of yours is one of the nicest I have ever seen.

Thanks
A plain vanilla Winchester Model 21:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Beats me as well.. And look at the p[itch on that stock. That is one fouled up gun, IMO. But to each his own.
Sorry, but I was referring to a Model 12 that 458Win owns.
© 24hourcampfire