Home
So I’m 24 and finally got my first what I call a real buck this year. I have gotten button bucks as mistaken does and once shot a three point that I thought was a doe on a deer drive. But this year I harvested a 8 point that almost brought me to my knees when I got to finally see it up close. It’s not a monster by any means but was enough to bring a tear of excitement. And I got to do it with my Model 70 RMEF edition .300 win mag that I bought last year. I was using the new Sierra Gamechangers that apparently not to many people have experience with yet and it got the job done! I’ll try to get pictures on if someone can point me in the rite direction. Thank you!

Kyle
Congrats Kyle, put up a picture for us?
Not sure how lol
Good for you..
[Linked Image]

I love hunting with my old 1937 Model 70 in 30-06!
Congrats sir... smile
good work with the classic rifle! cool pic
Can anyone recommend a good optometrist in the kid’s area?
The rifle in the picture (a very cool rifle) is not the rifle that Kyle described in his OP. Congratulations to iSmith on his buck, but we still haven't seen Kyle's buck yet.
Not sure how I can upload using my phone. Not home that much to use the computer frown
You are 24. You should be able to figure how to use “flicker” on the home computer in 15 minutes max.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I did it! Lol
Well done! Nice buck and good work figuring out the pics.
That’s a friggin great buck!
Thank you! Used the new Sierra GameCangers to get it done!
Nice buck Kyle, congratulations on a great trophy.
Nice Buck! Congratulations.
awesome
[Linked Image]really like how the the skull and driftwood go together
All of my deer in 57 years of whitetail hunting have been taken with pre'64 M/70's with the exception of the first that was taken with a pre'64 M/88 .308. Great combination of pre'64 M/70 and Lyman Alaskan in the pic, a setup that I have frequently used though my current deer rifle has a Lyman All American Perma Center 4x with LEE dot. Nearing 70 years old I need a little more magnification than 2 1/2X, the M/88 had a Weaver K2.5 in a Weaver pivot mount.
Kyle,

Very pretty European mount. Did you do it yourself, or have it done?
Nice gun, nice deer, nice mount.

Wish I was 24 again....
^^^^^^^
Yeah, but we always forget to add " . . . and know what I know now."
Yeah I thought the thing was “you’re only as old as you feel”.... thank you, Brian Claars custom Taxidermy did it. Happens he lives across the street.
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Can anyone recommend a good optometrist in the kid’s area?

Why? Maybe he's in a brown it's down area.

Nothing wrong with that.

Great buck

-Jake
^^^^^
The optometrist comment was the result of some confusion over the nice 8-point the OP killed and a picture of a definite "meat deer" another member posted.
There are much bigger ones in the woods for sure! But for my first real buck ever and being in PA. It’s not bad.
Sure there are bigger bucks out there. But there is a lot more to hunting and a successful hunt than the size of the antlers or horns. That is a nice deer.
Nice buck but that dog looks like a trophy if I ever saw one.
© 24hourcampfire