Home
Looking for a couple scope mounting setups for pre 64 model 70 standard .30/06 actions ! Would love to find some conetrol or s and k but I’m open to any base and ring setups you guys might be able to part with ! Thank you !
Usmcinfantry1988: I have 10 or 12 new in the box Redfield one piece bases for pre-64 Winchester Model 70's - if you do not find the first two brands on your list.
Good luck in your search and back to top.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Next time I need something, I'm checking with VarmintGuy first!
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Next time I need something, I'm checking with VarmintGuy first!

That would never be a bad choice. smile
GunDoc7 & Local dirt: I do indeed have a plethora of Model 70 original parts, after market receiver sights, bases and various accouterments!
I sometimes worry about leaving "to much stuff" for the VarmintFamily to deal with in case of my untimely passing.
If I get a few months notice of my departure (cancer etc) there will indeed be a sale, to end all sales!
Back when I was gathering these nice Redfield pre-64 Model 70 new in the box, bases I was still having custom Rifles built on pre-64 actions and liked the Redfield bases (looks/strength).
I have long since quit tearing apart and customizing pre-64's and don't shoot the collectible ones I have - hence don't need the Redfiled bases (both standard length and magnum) that I have.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
BTT For original poster
USMC - JMHO, however, I think Talley steel bases look pretty good on pre-64s. While not "vintage" per se, they look right at home atop on old Model 70 in my view.
USMC....Just noticed your interest in Control mounts. If you're still in the market, I have a set. $50 shipped.
^^^^^
If you like Conetrols, and those are in good shape, that is probably a hella good deal.
© 24hourcampfire