Home
Posted By: covejeepsxj Price Check: Model 70 XTR - 02/06/19
Looking to sell a rifle and I am not sure of exactly how to price it. Seems to be a pretty odd configuration.

Sporter XTR
Push Feed
Detachable Mag
G2105XXX (1992 Manufacture?)
Overall quite nice condition, but does show some hunting marks.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That is a tough one.

Positives) Appears in excellent condition, 308, 24" Sporter, rare.

Negatives (to some people)) DBM, push feed.

I wouldn't even try to put a number on that one. At auction I could see it bringing 500 and I could also see it bringing 1000+ if the right 2 guys wanted it bad enough.

There's only one way to find out....

Good luck.
Thanks winchester70.

Not sure what I am going to do with it. It's a sweetheart. Maybe I will let the GB crowd decide it's worth.
Originally Posted by winchester70
That is a tough one.

Positives) Appears in excellent condition, 308, 24" Sporter, rare.

Negatives (to some people)) DBM, push feed.

I wouldn't even try to put a number on that one. At auction I could see it bringing 500 and I could also see it bringing 1000+ if the right 2 guys wanted it bad enough.

There's only one way to find out....

Good luck.

Thats exactly where i was at when the op pm'd me. I told him to post the question here. The rifle is in beautiful shape. If it were me, id list it on gunbroker with a starting price of $700.00, unless research told me they have sold for more than that. There may be a collector out there with an empty slot in his collection that is meant just for that rifle. It is a rare configuration. Hopefully someone here knows more about this particular model, so they can put a better value on it.
Win70 and BSA are correct, rare configuration. Not sure on value, but I saw one last fall at LGS, price tag $795, sold first day on shelf. I was told they're a limited run in '93, a 284 was also offered in lesser quantity.

Good luck !
Thanks for the help guys.

I am not sure what I am going to do with the rifle. I have a few spare scopes laying around and it is tempting to slap one on it and give it a run.

I however would have a hard time passing up anything $700+ for it.
© 24hourcampfire