Home
I traded into a NIB rifle that I thought was a Super Grade but the floor plate has custom high grade engraved into it. Its chambered in 25-06. Anyone know anything about these rifles? Cant find much info on the Google machine. Thanks.
It sounds cool! Pictures?
I could email you some if you pm me your email address. I have no idea how to post pics on here.
Originally Posted by Whatchaketchemon
I traded into a NIB rifle that I thought was a Super Grade but the floor plate has custom high grade engraved into it. Its chambered in 25-06. Anyone know anything about these rifles? Cant find much info on the Google machine. Thanks.

NH or BACO?
BACO
I have one in .270 Win.

Mine is a Featherweight,is yours Whatchaketchemon?
This is mine...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nice rifle. Mine has the same floor plate but the standard sporter style supergrade stock with the ebony for end tip. Mine also has a very high grade wood stock and for being brand new I would have to guess about a crisp 3 pound trigger pull.
Sounds like a very nice rifle. I would be interested in seeing the pictures of it when you can post them.
I dont know how to post pics on here. I could email or text you some if you want to do it though.
Photos are in my gallery. Can't figure out how to get them to show up here.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13634000/winchester
Can you take some pictures of the front where the fore end tip is and the floor plate?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
More pics when I get home from work
WOW
More pics

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...winchester-70-custom-high-grade#comments
Someone replaced the schnable fore end for the ebony.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is what the fore end supposed to look like.
[Linked Image]
Interesting. Thanks for the help. The rifle was originally won at an Oregon Hunters Association banquet and was like that when my buddy won it. That makes sense though since there don't seem to be any other ones like it. How does yours shoot?
Mine shoots very well. With a 130 grain .277" Swift A-Frame it's around an inch at 100 yards.

I used a 130 grain Trophy Bonded Tip for this deer.
[Linked Image]
Did you notice the differance in checkering pattern? Not. A featherweight.
You're right,it is not a featherweight stock. Possibly a Super Grade stock on a CHG featherweight barreled action.
I would sell this rifle if anyone is interested. PM me for details.
Put a scope on it and go hunting. That's what it is for.
Now THERE is some dang nice wood.... Beautiful...
Originally Posted by Redneck
Now THERE is some dang nice wood.... Beautiful...

Yep

A blank of that quality would cost several hundred bucks.

DF
I have a BACO 7mm Mauser, got it NIB, called on the serial numbered box, the Lightweight Super Grade. It is marked Featherweight on the barrel, has steel floorplate and Super Grade Swivel studs, has same stock and checkering as the stock above with the black fore end tip, but does not have a cheek piece. The rifle itself says nothing about Super Grade. Mule Deer did a review of this rifle n 2015, though I recall his rifle was a .257 Roberts.

I’d post a photo, but am challenged technically.
I love that stock...and the fact that it is a .25-06. Really interesting rifle all around.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Put a scope on it and go hunting. That's what it is for.

+1

May not be quite enough gun for your monster sized NM jackwabbits, but probably OK for everything else... grin

DF
It'll do for smaller NM rabbits. wink
It'll do for smaller NM rabbits. wink

grin

Bunnies...

DF
Cottontail bunnies. smile

Or rats and mice.
Cottontail bunnies. smile

Or rats and mice.

Yeah,

Elmer would call that a pest gun.

DF
Was going to start new tread asking what everyone’s opinion was on new model 70 with claw extractors just looked at one today in gun shop and thought it feels like a really nice rifle just not sure if they are anywhere close to original design
If it feels "really nice" buy it!
If it feels "really nice" buy it!

For sure, buy it.

Wrong place to ask of one should buy a new gun.

DF
Yes it is.

I feel like a democrat.... spending someone else's money. grin
This was so sexy that I had to own it.
© 24hourcampfire