Home
Posted By: limabean Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/11/19
What would be a fair price if the rifle is in good condition. I see prices all over the place in the online selling sites.
Thanks for your input.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/11/19
Buying or selling?

All original?

"Good condition" means different things to different folks.

Pics would help.
Posted By: limabean Re: Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/11/19
I don't have pictures. Saw it in a pawn shop and I'm going to try to check it out closer. Is there something I should look for specific? I'm not that knowledgeable on these rifles and don't want to overpay.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/11/19
These are coveted, hard to find, and bring more than standard calibers. Can't nail it dead nuts without pictures but I'd say average condition would be 1800-2000. Over 2000 better be pretty nice. I've never seen one under 1500. YMMV
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/11/19

Originally Posted by limabean
I don't have pictures. Saw it in a pawn shop and I'm going to try to check it out closer. Is there something I should look for specific? I'm not that knowledgeable on these rifles and don't want to overpay.

Originality and condition.
Posted By: limabean Re: Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/11/19
Thanks guys, I'm interested.
Posted By: limabean Re: Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/12/19
Excuse my ignorance but why is the 338 more coveted or desirable than the other calibers?

Thanks
Posted By: MO2AZ Re: Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/12/19
LB-
338WM and the 300WM were only introduced the last 2-3 years or so, of the Pre-64 models production, so they tend to be among the hardest to find since fewer of them made.
Most I've seen also tend to be in pretty good shape due to their relatively short life.
Joe
Posted By: limabean Re: Pre 64 in 338 win mag - 04/12/19
I got some pictures of the rifle today so would someone be willing to let me email them the pictures to evaluate the value of this rifle?
I got some pictures of the rifle today so would someone be willing to let me email them the pictures to evaluate the value of this rifle?

Sure, pm'ing you
What would be a fair price if the rifle is in good condition. I see prices all over the place in the online selling sites.
Thanks for your input.

Originality and geographical location sets the value... especially when you run across them in pawn shops etc... I know where one is listed here locally that is 100% original and in about 90% condition. Comes with a leupold in DD's and 2 boxes of ammo. If I'm not mistaken, the guy is asking $2,200.00 for it... Oops, just checked and he sold it.. Moral of the story, you get your greasy little hands on a primo 338 Alaskan, you better hold on tight!!!
The gun is in pretty good condition. I think the recoil pad may not be original from the pics. Otherwise, if there are no hairline cracks that aren't in the photos, I'd say that's a $1700-2000 rifle
© 24hourcampfire