Home
What's it worth???
195 bucks... where do you want me to send the money whistle
Been a “mint” one on GI for 4,150.00 for a few....
Originally Posted by beretzs
195 bucks... where do you want me to send the money whistle

Yeah, without pics that sounds about right. When i get home, ill check my book and throw out a number. However, thats the price of a 98% all original supergrade. Sometimes I wonder about this kind of question here. You throw out a number and then the op finally posts pics and we see its an H&H built on a standard receiver. Then the op says, you guys said it was worth this before....
Thanks... got one I'm looking at... just don't have any idea what to offer.
Good luck with it.
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
What's it worth???

Bought mine (a 1952 model IIRC) for $1050 6 years ago from of all places Cabelas. In excellent shape with the exception of an aftermarket recoil pad. I replaced it with a Winchester repro pad. But I'm only a collector in the sense that I'm a user that likes old rifles, especially Winchesters. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Pugs
What's it worth???

Bought mine (a 1952 model IIRC) for $1050 6 years ago from of all places Cabelas. In excellent shape with the exception of an aftermarket recoil pad. I replaced it with a Winchester repro pad. But I'm only a collector in the sense that I'm a user that likes old rifles, especially Winchesters. grin

Uber cool rifle Pugs! I dig that!

Thanks! The .300 H&H is the heaviest gun I own anymore and I've not found anything it doesn't work on (and even the cartridge looks all retro and cool) grin

Originally Posted by Pugs

Thanks! The .300 H&H is the heaviest gun I own anymore and I've not found anything it doesn't work on (and even the cartridge looks all retro and cool) grin

Wow! Awesome picture. Yeah, I’d hunt the tar outta that myself! Perfect scope on it.
classy rifle for sure....what a treat,I had one and sold it after a couple years, I sure regret that one.
"All original", as described in op, that rifle has a book value of $6,000.00....
Pugs is about as big a thief as BSA. You guys . . .
Pugs, very nice rifle. I am envious, and not nearly that lucky!
Beautiful rifle pugs. Thanks for sharing
What's it worth???

$3256.76
Great pic, great rifle!
From $2500 - $3500.

Guns International has a 1949 at 80-85% for $2150.

Offer $2500 cash.
Blue Book says $4500-5000 for 100% condition Super Grade 300 H&H
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Pugs is about as big a thief as BSA. You guys . . .

What, me? My 300wby isn't all that nice, but she sure does shoot good. This is after a little preliminary load development with the ol girl:

Would I turn it back into an H&H? Probably not.. Ha ha...
Now I feel better.
My 300 H&H SG has a Griffin&Howe side mount with a Lyman Alaskan. Steel factory butt plate.
If I had the original 1951 receipt and Winchester hang tag-someone would
advise:"Winchester never put a G&H side mount on an early Model 70".

The selling price to that lad would not be within his reach. JP Morgan was right.
I was on a morptorcycle ride and stopped at a pawn shop where they had a supergrade 300 mag...he said it woipuldnt chamber a round...he was trying either 300 win or 300 wby don't recall...I told him I would come back in the car and get it that I could fix it...of corse it was gone when I got there..
© 24hourcampfire