Home
Just curious as to why. Is the information skewed? I know Rules book is like the holy grail around here, but how do you guys feel about Whitaker's book? I know some of you guys collect these books. I have one coming my way, so I plan on reading through it and checking things out.
I've seen the book for sale online, but I've not put my hands on a copy. The ones I've seen for sale are pricey. I've only been into 70s for a little over a year, I would like to know what you think about the book.
I sure will. From what I gather, his information is not as concise as Mr. Rules book... It will go good with the collection though. Had to have one.
I have two copies , a mint and a user copy.
I think a paid 65.00 for it on eBay ten plus yrs ago.
Rules book is my first go to, but find any additional
Pictures and references helpful....
I looked through this mint condition book and I was pleasantly surprised. I wish the pics were a little better, but looks like good information and a lot of cool pictures...
Bsa1917hunter: I have owned my copies of Whitakers book (The Winchester Model 70 1937 - 1964) since day one.
I have enjoyed them and often make references from them.
By the way I have both offerings of the book (one was embossed in bronze and the other was embossed in silver!).
This book came out in 1981 and was followed a year later (1982) by Roger Rule's amazing classic offering on the Model 70.
Either way - long live the Riflemans Rifle!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Thanks VarmintGuy.
© 24hourcampfire