Home
Posted By: test1328 Hunting with the 264 Win. Mag - 10/14/19
I thought I would post this here since many of you helped me along with this rifle when I first got it.

Finally had the chance to take the rifle my Dad gave me hunting. It's a pre-64 M70 Westerner in 264 Win Mag that he bought new and used for many years. My Dad was along for this hunt but stayed back at camp during this last evening hunt, so didn't get him in the picture. The rifle originally had a Redfield scope on it that he bought at the same time as the rifle and I intended to use that scope as well and keep it all original. However, after shooting it quite a few times with poor accuracy, I finally determined that the scope was the problem so replaced it with the Burris seen here.

Was looking for a bigger buck but only had two days to hunt and shot this little guy at last light from 360 yards. Wish I could have gotten closer, but the old rifle did the job. Was shooting my handloads with 140 gr. Nosler Partitions.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice!!!
Nice looking rifle and a great story! Nice that your dad was on the trip with you.
Nice goat and great shot with a fine rifle.

No apology needed. smile

(PS - I have the same gun.)
V Nice!!
Great hunt! Love that Westerner!
Nice looking rifle and enjoy the .264 Win Mag as I do also. It make a Excellent Deer & Antelope Rifle and Caribou as well I found out this year. Congratulations on a nice hunt.
What a classy rifle with a wonderful story behind it...enjoy! Oh and nice lope!
CONGRATS on the antelope ! my dad`s old deer rifle had a Redfield scope on it too and it would not hold a group either so i change it out .
Great story and cartridge choice. I plan to use my 264 WM M-70 Classic next year for mule deer.
Nice Westerner. I'm taking mine to Kansas in December to hunt the old home place...

Kansan
© 24hourcampfire