Home
Posted By: TCtim Light firing pin strikes - 12/09/19
I have a new mod 70 in 264 win mag. When I got it it had a very hard trigger. So I ordered a new trigger spring kit and put it in, now sometimes it will snap sometimes you can snap it again and it will go off. But sometimes it just will not fire. If it dont fire you can bolt it out and the new shell will fire. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
PS I've tried different primers still does it
"Trigger spring kit" for a model 70? Enlighten us on what era of model 70 you have. Is it a newer one with the moa trigger or a tried and true Winchester model 70 trigger?
Posted By: TCtim Re: Light firing pin strikes - 12/09/19
It's the MOA trigger, not like my old mod 70
Posted By: Redneck Re: Light firing pin strikes - 12/09/19
Originally Posted by TCtim
It's the MOA trigger, not like my old mod 70
You poor bastid... smile

It's maladjusted.... Fix it. If you can't - send it to a gunsmith who will work with that pos trigger...
Posted By: TCtim Re: Light firing pin strikes - 12/10/19
My other 2 model 70 when you dry fire them they have a lot of hump. But this new one dont do that
Posted By: TCtim Re: Light firing pin strikes - 12/10/19
My other 2 model 70 when you dry fire them they have a lot of hump. But this new one dont do that
Originally Posted by TCtim

My model 70's have a lot of "hump" in them too. They are a hell of a lot fu cking better than the new ones, and they will put a good "humping" on a rem 700 too.
Have you cleaned the manufacturing crud out of the bolt?
© 24hourcampfire