Home
Posted By: BillR 1895 SRC rear sight wanted - 02/05/20
I just picked up an 1895 SRC in 303 British. A nice clean carbine but rear sight had been removed and a Lyman frame sight installed. What are the chances (and $$$$ ?) of finding an original 1895 carbine sight for sale or trade?
Howdy, I take it your looking for the ladder sight ? I’ve a couple on the src’s I own but really don’t care to part with them .Are you a member of the Winchester Collectors group ? If so Brad Dunbar and another gentleman just came out with that hard coved book on the 95 Winchester, very well written . I’m sure through it or them you could locate one. I’ve seen a gun smith put a ladder sight off of a Mauser military rifle on one. To the untrained eye it was undetected . Good luck ,
Bill, I'd be interested in what your bore slugs out to, I have the src in 30US(30-40Krag) and its .3105. it has the ladder sight and its a pain in the butte, wont hold the windage and its a bittche to get small adjustments. I would also be interested in the front sight height as in bottom of the barrel to the top of the frt sight. any help is great. thanks

The Winchester 50A ladder sight was used on the M1895 SRC.
Originally Posted by Classicone
Howdy, I take it your looking for the ladder sight ? I’ve a couple on the src’s I own but really don’t care to part with them .Are you a member of the Winchester Collectors group ? If so Brad Dunbar and another gentleman just came out with that hard coved book on the 95 Winchester, very well written . I’m sure through it or them you could locate one. I’ve seen a gun smith put a ladder sight off of a Mauser military rifle on one. To the untrained eye it was undetected . Good luck ,

Another recommendation for this book. Authors Rob Kassab & Brad Dunbar, 400 pages.
It’s a dang good book!

Im very happy with my .30 US SRC. Mfg 1915.

Good luck in your rear sight quest.
Posted By: BradD Re: 1895 SRC rear sight wanted - 02/14/20
Thank you guys for the kind words about the book. We're glad that you are enjoying it!

Bill: I sent you a PM on where you might find a Carbine rear sight. Good luck.
Posted By: BillR Re: 1895 SRC rear sight wanted - 02/15/20
I have never slugged a barrel but will try to get micrometer reading on sight height asap. Bore is a little rough, seems to clean well and a day later looks rough again? Haven't had chance to shoot it due to blowing snow and -35 C temperature.
© 24hourcampfire