Home
Little bored with the lockdown, thought I'd share.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14736994#Post14736994

All built on M-70 classic actions, stocked in McMillan Bridges Edge stocks (except the .300 which is regular fill).

Top to bottom;

.280 Rem factory FW 22" BBL, Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8
7mm Rem Mag 24" Lilja, Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 BT
.338 Win Mag Factory bbl bobbed to 23", Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8
.300 Wby Mag 26" factory bbl, Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 BT

All are sub MOA shooters.

.280 likes the 150 Nosler BT at 2900 fps.
7mm Rem Mag likes the 150 BT (3200 fps) and the 160 Nosler AB at 3100 fps
.338 likes the 225 TSX at 2900 fps.
.300 likes the 180 TSX or TTSX at 3150 fps.

Share 'em if you got 'em
You all 'round here wouldn't care for mine as they all wear factory walnut. And are bone stock except professionally honed 3 pound triggers.
.358 STA

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That's a rarity. Nice grain on that stock!
Nice rifles buddy. You always have nice ones. As for me, all I have left of my model 70 collection is my pre 64's. I really made the decision to just keep the pre's a few months ago. After that, I sold my last classics. They were beauties. One you asked about when it was on GB (7wizzum), the other a minty 7mm08 FWT:

7 WSM classic stainless in painted and glass bedded tupperware that I also added the red pachmayr decelerator:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Properly freefloated and glass bedded:

7mm08 classic featherweight:

I ended up selling the leupold, so I was only into this one by $350.00....
Like I've been saying, I'm glad there are still guys out there that love Leupold rifle scopes!!!!
My 375 H&H in a Poundr stock with a cut and fluted factory barrel. I took it on an unsuccessful SE Alaska brown bear hunt in 2015.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

My 416 Rem in a magnum fill McM fitted with Jim Wisner's front and rear sights. I took it to Zimbabwe in 2017.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Nice rifles gents.

BSA, I always liked the looks of that WSM. Had a 7-08 FW for a while, sent it down the road.

Ed - looks like an Echols on that .416? Factory barrel?
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
.358 STA

I have one of those, NIB, never had the bolt in the action outside the factory.....and it wears spectacular wood... Only 90 ever made...
Originally Posted by Redneck
.358 STA

I have one of those, NIB, never had the bolt in the action outside the factory.....and it wears spectacular wood... Only 90 ever made...

But is it for sale? wink
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Nice rifles gents.

BSA, I always liked the looks of that WSM. Had a 7-08 FW for a while, sent it down the road.

Ed - looks like an Echols on that .416? Factory barrel?

It's a Win Express that I just dropped the metal in. No bedding. It is the factory barrel and shoots great.

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-winchester-win-express/
All mine have either plain Jane factory Tupperware stocks or factory wood..

I have 25-06, 270, 7/08, 280, 7 mag, 30-06, 300 rum, 300 weatherby, 300 wsm, 325 wsm, 338 win mag, 375 H&H
Originally Posted by 79S

I have 25-06, 270, 7/08, 280, 7 mag, 30-06, 300 rum, 300 weatherby, 300 wsm, 325 wsm, 338 win mag, 375 H&H

J, you have a nice collection
.358 STA

But is it for sale? wink

It was, and I had thought I read Redneck sold it, now I can resume my drooling campaign if he still has it!
BTW, nice rifles men.
All my Classics wear factory wood. .270, 7mm RM, .30-06, .300 WM (x2), .338 WM, .375 H&H (x2). All left handed, most stainless (.270 & .375s are blue). My thought was to turn one of the .300s into a .264 WM, but doubtful I'll ever get to it. I do have one McMillan stock that can be swapped out if I ever feel the need, but quite honestly, I haven't hunted one of them in 15 years. For the whitetails I chase these days I get more satisfaction carrying one of my old Winchester lever guns.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

J, you have a nice collection

I have 5 270’s lol, 3 classics, my kids xtr pf I got from you and the stainless pushfeeds..
Originally Posted by tmitch
All my Classics wear factory wood. .270, 7mm RM, .30-06, .300 WM (x2), .338 WM, .375 H&H (x2). All left handed, most stainless (.270 & .375s are blue). My thought was to turn one of the .300s into a .264 WM, but doubtful I'll ever get to it. I do have one McMillan stock that can be swapped out if I ever feel the need, but quite honestly, I haven't hunted one of them in 15 years. For the whitetails I chase these days I get more satisfaction carrying one of my old Winchester lever guns.

I thought about picking up another stainless express action and have a 300 H&H made..
A few favorites

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...inchester-model-70-classics#Post14744911

What’s the one with the ebony tip?

Nice rifles BTW

Fine looking rifles!
Originally Posted by TomM1

What’s the one with the ebony tip?

Nice rifles BTW

That's a one of a kind as far as I know. 6 digit Classic Custom Supergrade with 24" Sporter barrel, 308 Win.

Thanks guys.
Having owned dozens, I'm down to one with a barrel, and one action.

The SA is a 308 FWT. The other is a LA destined to become a 270.

Both made in 1996, and only 203 serial #'s apart...

No Portuguese need apply:

They must have made a run of 308 Featherweight in stainless. My 308 SS Featherweight twin to yours was built just seven before your SN.I dropped mine a a McMillan also.
.358 STA

But is it for sale? wink
Of course... smile
Little bored with the lockdown, thought I'd share.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14736994#Post14736994

All built on M-70 classic actions, stocked in McMillan Bridges Edge stocks (except the .300 which is regular fill).

Top to bottom;

.280 Rem factory FW 22" BBL, Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8
7mm Rem Mag 24" Lilja, Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 BT
.338 Win Mag Factory bbl bobbed to 23", Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8
.300 Wby Mag 26" factory bbl, Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 BT

All are sub MOA shooters.

.280 likes the 150 Nosler BT at 2900 fps.
7mm Rem Mag likes the 150 BT (3200 fps) and the 160 Nosler AB at 3100 fps
.338 likes the 225 TSX at 2900 fps.
.300 likes the 180 TSX or TTSX at 3150 fps.

Share 'em if you got 'em

I thought you sold that .280.
I thought so too.

Buyer sent me a deposit, was supposed to send a payment back in February. He has not responded to PMs (last logon was 2/26) or phone messages.

Hope the COVID didn't get him.
Yeah, no kidding. It'd have taken that for me to have left that one on the table.
Could be the Mrs found out what he was up to and she killed him!

grin

I know others here were looking for him as well.

To my knowledge he hasn't surfaced.
She might have!

That's a nice rifle, no doubt about it. Wish it was a 7x57. whistle
My Core 4 is down to My Three Amigos.

Five Digit 30-06 Sporter
Six Digit 30-06 FWT in a McM Hunters Edge
Six Digit 308 FWT

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RevMike

I thought you sold that .280.

I thought so too.

Buyer sent me a deposit, was supposed to send a payment back in February. He has not responded to PMs (last logon was 2/26) or phone messages.

Hope the COVID didn't get him.

So what do you do when you can't find the buyer? I'm just curious since I find it hard to fathom why someone would send you a deposit then disappear.

Mike
Rev, this was our agreement, written up by the buyer;

"I’ll mail you a check USPS priority each month, if I don’t make payment, no refund. Rifle ships after paid for."

Pretty cut and dry.
Yep, sure is.
That .280 may go with me on my Dall/Grizzly hunt in a few years.
That's what I'd do with it. I was relieved when you originally sold it as it took temptation off the table! grin You could do a lot worse than drag that one over the mountains.
Originally Posted by RevMike
That's what I'd do with it. I was relieved when you originally sold it as it took temptation off the table! grin You could do a lot worse than drag that one over the mountains.

Heck yes. I love beautiful rifles but scratches and scars look danged good on them too, from usage.
270 Weatherby Classic Sporter
6.5X55 Featherweight Classic
Both are just like they were when shipped from the factory

Attached picture 270WM.jpg
Attached picture 6.5.jpg
What does the 30-06 featherweight in Mcmillian weigh?
Originally Posted by MapleHill
270 Weatherby Classic Sporter
6.5X55 Featherweight Classic
Both are just like they were when shipped from the factory

Very nice. My 6.5 is dark like that one as well.
[Linked Image]
Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire