Home
Posted By: LeftyTomJH Refinish my LH M70 Stock? - 05/18/20
I bought a LH Model 70 in 300 WSM last year. Serial # is G3001xxx, so I gather since it was in the last production run, it holds the least value in terms of LH M70s. That said, the stock is pretty beat up and I would like to refinish it. I am a woodworker by trade, so I'm not fearful of ruining the stock. Would it be worth refinishing, or would this totally devalue the rifle? I don't plan on getting rid of the rifle because I doubt I would ever find another, just thinking ahead I guess.

Wanted to ask before I embarked on making a new stock, although I have all kinds of time in lockdown!
Posted By: tmitch Re: Refinish my LH M70 Stock? - 05/18/20
If it's already "pretty beat up" you're not going to hurt the value by refinishing it.
That's what my thoughts were as well, just didn't know if refinishing would severely hurt the value like you see a lot when older firearms that have been refinished. I was leaning towards refinishing anyway so I'm happy with the rifle. Thanks for the push!
If it's yours to keep then do it I have a few I have redone and very happy with my work if I say so myself. LOL
© 24hourcampfire