Home
Posted By: utah708 How not to engender confidence - 09/25/20
This rifle is for sale locally. Not sure I am all that interested in a gun that appears to have the scope on backwards, even if they say it shoots well....

[Linked Image from utahgunexchange.com]
Oh my goodness! I guess with it turned that way it always feels like you are shooting long distance, no matter how close the target
That's hilarious...

And somewhat scary.
Posted By: ejo Re: How not to engender confidence - 09/26/20
That’s a first. How funny is that.
Wow. Just wow.
As much as that picture is highly disappointing, I am totally NOT surprised... Over the years, have met several firearms owners who really should NOT own firearms...

Utah, Left Hand Tikka? What's the chambering?
Regardless of how well they claim it shoots, I bet it will shoot even better with the scope turned around.
Is that a SNOWWIS scope? smile
Originally Posted by bbassi
Is that a SNOWWIS scope? smile

Haha

I saw what you did there...
I love a good kitchen gunsmith. If it shoots well like that I can only imagine what it will do with the scope mounted properly
Offer the seller 300, say it has all sorts of issues with the brake, scope mounting using factory rings etc. If the seller is dumb enough to mount a scope on it backwards, you may end up with an action to build off of.
Originally Posted by buglin_bob
Offer the seller 300, say it has all sorts of issues with the brake, scope mounting using factory rings etc. If the seller is dumb enough to mount a scope on it backwards, you may end up with an action to build off of.

I thought about that, but the ad says that the recoil lug has been TIG welded into the action. No way am I touching that thing.
© 24hourcampfire