Home
Posted By: utah708 Sky's the limit on this one - 12/08/20
Gunbroker ad for LH Win 70

Not associated with the auction
I'd rather have your 338-06 smile
Seeing the ebony (or whatever material) fore end tip makes me wonder if this is a Supergrade or some other non-standard configuration.

I didn't see anything mentioned in the ad about it though.
It does appear to ube true ebony wood on the forend tip. You can actually see wood grain in the side of the black tip. Super grades don’t have true ebony tips, they have black plastic tips. Looks as though that tip was put on there custom....very nicely done I might add.

Leftybolt
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Seeing the ebony (or whatever material) fore end tip makes me wonder if this is a Supergrade or some other non-standard configuration.
Nope. Doesn't have Super Grade swivels and the barrel is marked "-- CLASSIC SPORTER --" vice "-- CLASSIC SUPER GRADE --." It's a standard rifle with the LT sporter stock that someone has slightly customized.
I have a LH M70 LT .30-06 in excellent shape that's just gathering dust. Have been meaning to put it on gunbroker but keep procrastinating.

Probably should hang on to it a while longer now, what with this one and the one scottf270 is selling the market is already saturated with .473 bolt face models... wink
OMG as the kids would say. Guess I need to dust off my 270 wsm from custom shop.
Posted By: bbassi Re: Sky's the limit on this one - 12/16/20
Never owed one. at that price I probably never will.
UN...Believable...
It'll be interesting to see how mine finally goes for:

LH M70 SS/Walnut
Yow.... eek
Posted By: tmitch Re: Sky's the limit on this one - 12/16/20
Yow is right! Guess it's time to let go a couple. What do ya think an unfired LNIB LH Safari Express would bring?
And, it is not just the LH M70's... LH Rem 700 chambered .223 brought pretty good money, as well...

LH Rem 700 CDL .223
Really hard to figure.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
And, it is not just the LH M70's... LH Rem 700 chambered .223 brought pretty good money, as well...

LH Rem 700 CDL .223

He put it on a Winchester gun hanger. Clever marketing...
Originally Posted by Redneck

LH M70 SS/Walnut

Beautiful rifle. I'm sure you will get all of your minimum bid plus some!
Originally Posted by Redneck

LH M70 SS/Walnut
The stainless versions were made in 1997 only.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

LH Rem 700 CDL .223

2k??????

sweet geezus, and I have that rifle!
© 24hourcampfire