Home
Anything new for us? Saw the Browning stuff.
I don't think the list is growing longer, that's for sure.
Savage's new straight-pull bolt can go lefty (though the ejection stays on the wrong side).
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I don't think the list is growing longer, that's for sure.

Especially with the unprecedented demand for RH guns. I’m sure most production is slanted that way.
Seeing a lot of "Bang for the Buck" offerings in Right hand. Wouldn't mind a Springfield Waypoint in LH. Cost me $3500 to build similar.

Nothing new from Bergara in LH? They have the actions and tooling. Was hoping for a B-14 Wilderness or similar "standard" hunting rifle.
It looks as though we may be saddled with finding used actions and building our own...
There are a few new Savages in their left-hand section.
Wasn’t more tikkas offerings going to be imported this year ?
Tikka has to get permission from Beretta USA in order to bring anything to the USA. That has proven to be problematic for them in the past.
Tikka dropped a few left hand models, but still are way more than Beretta will bring in.
They need to just assign a dealer the responsibility of special imports and Beretta can do the normal stuff.
I've been working with a LH Savage Storm.....nice gun....
Originally Posted by Dakota03

What do you think of the adjustments in the accustock? I’ve been thinking about buying one in 243 for my 9 yo daughter.
Whish Tikka would import there LH 22. Only seen it advertised, never actually laid pecker tongues on one.
The LH 22 LR is scheduled for later this year, according to some guys at Beretta. I'm not betting any money on it.
Originally Posted by crc1514
Originally Posted by Dakota03

What do you think of the adjustments in the accustock? I’ve been thinking about buying one in 243 for my 9 yo daughter.

Curious about the ergos as well. Really like the look of the Savage "Timberline" with the camo accu stock. However, not willing to pay $1,400 for a LH Savage to find out...
We own two Storms. A .223 lefty that’s sits beside the back door for coyotes and otters and other medium sized vermin. Fits me pretty good. Wife’s is a 7mm/08 she uses for deer hunting in bad weather. The adjustable LOP allowed us to tailor fit it to her. Both are accurate. Wife doesn’t like that the bolt needs to moved quickly to keep it feeding smooth. Other than that they were both a good buy for about $600 each two years or so ago.
I’ve been working with Beretta to order a Sako 85 that you can build through their website. It has taken 8 months for them to agree to the order. Said I have to pay the $2300 100% upfront and I might get the rifle by October 2022 with no guarantee by that time. They also said that they may never fill the order and at some point simply refund my money. It’s a stock rifle in Europe not a custom build. I said no thanks. I’ll keep looking for a Model 70 LH safari.

Love my Brownings and Tikka. Just bought my son a X-bolt.
Beretta is a good example why the Italians are 0 & 2 in world wars.
Originally Posted by VOLhunter
.... Love my Brownings and Tikka. Just bought my son a X-bolt.

How do you and your son like the X-Bolt? I have never owned a Browning. However, the Left Hand versions seem to pop up regularly for reasonable prices in today's market.
I have a couple of X-Bolts and like them very much. I found a 223 & a 22-250 available for reasonable prices. Both have a decent twist, 1-9'' IIRC.

- 22-250 twist rate is 1-9''

- 223 Remington twist rate is 1-8''

@Orion2000, I have an A-Bolt medallion 30-06 I bought a long time ago. It was my first centerfire rifle and still take it on every opening day hunt. I wanted my son to have something similar so I bought him the X-bolt medallion in 30-06. He's grown up shooting a LH T-bolt. I really like the x-bolt, t-bolt, and a-bolt. Even bought a 12ga BPS about 6 yrs ago and I've always been pleased with Brownings. All that being said, my Tikka is the best shooting hunting rifle I have. T3x Lite stainless in 7RM. Incredibly accurate which makes shooting lots of fun.

Originally Posted by VOLhunter
@Orion2000, I have an A-Bolt medallion 30-06 I bought a long time ago. It was my first centerfire rifle and still take it on every opening day hunt. I wanted my son to have something similar so I bought him the X-bolt medallion in 30-06. He's grown up shooting a LH T-bolt. I really like the x-bolt, t-bolt, and a-bolt. Even bought a 12ga BPS about 6 yrs ago and I've always been pleased with Brownings. All that being said, my Tikka is the best shooting hunting rifle I have. T3x Lite stainless in 7RM. Incredibly accurate which makes shooting lots of fun.

Appreciate the feedback. I handled one of the Browning X-Bolt 2018 Shot Show Specials at Whittaker's in 2019. LH Long Range, laminated stock, 6.5 CM, 1:7" twist. Picked it up three different times while browsing around the store. Liked the feel of it., But did not pull the trigger. Have only seen one since then.

Have owned one LH Tikka. 1:8" twist .223. Nice rifle. Could not warm up to the feel, nor the magazine bump sticking out the bottom of the receiver....
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Beretta is a good example why the Italians are 0 & 2 in world wars.

They were our allies in WWI.
Oops.
well I havent gotten around to stock adjustment yet. I guess all the years of doing without just makes me adapt. I will get more serious later in the year before the match in October. But it looks like it will be a pretty slick operation.
© 24hourcampfire