Home
Anyone have an idea how steep the hill is to locate an excellent shape 270 new haven era take off barrel? Trying to work out a project or I should say restoring someone's project. and figured I ought to know more about sourcing that kind of thing. Need to visit mr google over the weekend.
We had a stainless 06 barrel here let me know if your interested I will check on it.
Needing blue, if possible should have noted that, but if nothing else pops I will loop back.
Got a blued factory take-off barrel from a left hand Classic Sporter "Made in New Haven, CT". Finish is 98 to 99% and interior is in great shape as well but it's also a 30-06.
OK, on the board. I have a 30-06 stainless so preferring the 270, but waiting on a call from the original owner so if it was a 30-06 that may be the way I go.
I will have one very shortly, once I have a 9.3 barrel installed. Finally have all the parts just need a smith to make the switch. It’s a lh blued 270 win with no marks and limited rounds.
Thanks ejo let me poke my guy again and see if I can get my project going a bit faster. And I’ll pm you once I hear from him.
Originally Posted by ejo
I will have one very shortly, once I have a 9.3 barrel installed. Finally have all the parts just need a smith to make the switch. It’s a lh blued 270 win with no marks and limited rounds.

What's different about the barrel on a RH or LH rifle? Opposite twist? Lettering stamped on left side vs right?
What's different about the barrel on a RH or LH rifle? Opposite twist? Lettering stamped on left side vs right?
[/quote]

The extractor cut.
No sir the extractor is cut on the left side.
Well I am sad to say I missed out on my 6 digit m70 rifle so not going to be resurrecting the hybrid scout cantilevered Frankenstein to its original self as I had hoped. Thanks to all
© 24hourcampfire