Home
Posted By: bonepoint WTB: LH 7mm-08, maybe 6.5 CM - 03/04/21
Looking for a lefty for my brother's wife, who is just getting into hunting. Would prefer a 7mm-08, but would consider a 6.5 Creedmoor if we can't find a 7mm-08. Price point around a Ruger American, Tikka, mid-grade Savage, etc., but would consider others. Let me know what you have. Thanks!
How tall is she?
I have a Montana Rifle Co. XAR in 7mm-08 that I would sell. Send me a PM if interested.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
How tall is she?

5'5" or 5'6". She will be over this weekend and I will also have her shoulder a compact stock (12.5" LOP). My guess is that a women's 13" LOP would be about perfect, but either of the more typical 12.5" compact or 13.5" would probably work. I will confirm this weekend.
Originally Posted by AlaRedleg
I have a Montana Rifle Co. XAR in 7mm-08 that I would sell. Send me a PM if interested.

Those look like amazing rifles, but I am sure that is more than they want to spend. Appreciate the lead, though.
Originally Posted by bonepoint
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
How tall is she?

5'5" or 5'6". She will be over this weekend and I will also have her shoulder a compact stock (12.5" LOP). My guess is that a women's 13" LOP would be about perfect, but either of the more typical 12.5" compact or 13.5" would probably work. I will confirm this weekend.

Savage Storm is a possible choice. The stock is adjustable for LOP as well as comb height. Bought the wife one for about $600, not sure what they sell for today. Remember to have her wear her hunting jacket/coat when trying to find her LOP.
Wait, wasn't there a RAR LH in 7'08 just here lately?
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Wait, wasn't there a RAR LH in 7'08 just here lately?

Yep. I checked in on it and it sold.
pm sent.
If all else fails,

Looks for a good used Encore.
A Scheels near me in Central Iowa has 2 Tikka T3x Lites in 6.5 Creed $850 apiece.
© 24hourcampfire