Home
Posted By: AKwolverine Left hand FS - 03/21/21
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895784195

No affiliation; cool gun. Seller knows his stuff.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Left hand FS - 03/21/21
Those FS rifles were always one of the real sleeper deals of the Remington line. Had two of them, a 7mm RM and a .30-06. In fact the paint chips in the pics looked familiar so I had to look up mine to make sure that wasn't my old rifle. wink
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Left hand FS - 03/21/21
That's a nice rifle.
Posted By: kudu3 Re: Left hand FS - 03/21/21
My 270 FS is my favorite rifle and the one I have shot the most animals with. I also have a 30-06 that my daughter uses and probably has claimed. I had a 338 Win FS for a short time but the low weight definitely took the fun out of that one. I should mention that all of these were also left handed.

Dean
Posted By: GeorgeS Re: Left hand FS - 03/21/21
I've got a .30-06 and a .270 FS. The .30-06 has taken a boxcar load of game in North American and Africa.

Mine both have the leaf camo.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Left hand FS - 03/21/21
Curious. This rifle appears to have the normal Remington roll stamp on the barrel. Is that typical for the FS rifles? Asking because the KS rifles have a minimalist chamber marking on the barrel.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Left hand FS - 03/22/21
Yes. FS was not a custom shop offering. Normal roll stamp is correct.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Left hand FS - 03/22/21
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Thank you.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Thank you.

Any time!
Seller just listed an awr as well but it’s RH.
Posted By: Theoldpinecricker Re: Left hand FS - 03/22/21
Looks nice and light. I wonder what else he'll be listing?

Im waiting for a left handed Kimber to come out.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Left hand FS - 03/22/21
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Looks nice and light. I wonder what else he'll be listing?

Im waiting for a left handed Kimber to come out.

Amen, brother... The best overall "feel" and ergos of any rifle I have owned was a Kimber Ascent. Just could not get used to a RH bolt for my primary rifle.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Left hand FS - 03/22/21
Those lefthanded FS rigs are done up pretty right. Liked the one I had a lot but had a better custom at the time and sold mine. For a lefty not wanting to spend a ton, they're a nice deal.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Left hand FS - 03/22/21
I have asked Kimber repeatedly when they will bring out a LH rifle and have been told "Never!"
The lefthand Barrett Fieldcraft II is only a year and ten days from launch.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Left hand FS - 03/22/21
Will believe that when we see it! We were promised that before, the best option, for now, is to find a LH Forbes and send it to Melvin before he retires.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Left hand FS - 03/22/21

Is this for real or are you pushing my leg?
Posted By: Starbuck Re: Left hand FS - 03/23/21
After seeing the troubles my buddies have had with a few Kimber Montana's, I'm glad they never offered one in LH; I would've likely been compelled to try one at some point or another.

A Fieldcraft on the other hand. . . Where can we sign up for the waiting list? Now I'll have to narrow it down to what caliber I want to start with.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Left hand FS - 03/23/21
Originally Posted by Starbuck
After seeing the troubles my buddies have had with a few Kimber Montana's, I'm glad they never offered one in LH; I would've likely been compelled to try one at some point or another.

A Fieldcraft on the other hand. . . Where can we sign up for the waiting list? Now I'll have to narrow it down to what caliber I want to start with.

I hope we have lots of options.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Left hand FS - 03/23/21
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Is this for real or are you pushing my leg?

I want to see the reintroduction just as badly in right hand as you do in left hand. Launch date of April 1, 2021 ... 😬
🦵
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Left hand FS - 03/23/21
Oh, they are getting an early start on April fool's jokes...
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Left hand FS - 03/23/21
Southpaws are the fall guys for all sorts of long gun availability jokes.... Barrett, LAW, Kimber, ad nauseum...
Posted By: Starbuck Re: Left hand FS - 03/23/21
I figured. But sometimes it's nice to let the dream go on to see where it takes you.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Left hand FS - 03/24/21
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I have asked Kimber repeatedly when they will bring out a LH rifle and have been told "Never!"

I called them no less than seven or eight times.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Left hand FS - 03/24/21
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Southpaws are the fall guys for all sorts of long gun availability jokes.... Barrett, LAW, Kimber, ad nauseum...

Truth!!
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Left hand FS - 03/28/21
Someone got a bargain....
Posted By: bbassi Re: Left hand FS - 03/30/21
I was *this* close to bidding in the last 10 minutes. Then I realized i have 3 /06 already.
Posted By: fasttalker27 Re: Left hand FS - 04/01/21
I got a 270 FS in a trade last year for my son. At first he didn’t like the feel of the stock as it was so light. He wanted a stock like my XCR. Then he hunted with it for a while. He loves that gun now since he stalked a buck with it.
© 24hourcampfire