Home
.... Newly listed on GB:

Left Hand KS .375 RUM

I fired two rounds out of a 7 RUM barreled action mounted in a KS stock. All it took to convince me it was too much of a good thing. Cannot imagine a .375 RUM in a KS configuration...
No thanks. A detatched retina doesn't sound like much fun.
" shot very little " laugh
That would be absolutely brutal. I'm with OSU on this one, I like my retinas right where they are now.
I’m out! 😂
Originally Posted by tmitch

Reminds me of a post on 24HCF a while back. Guy walks into a gun store with a heavy kicker and a box of ammo. Three fired cartridges in the box. LGS guy says “You only fired it three times?” Guy responds “No. Third owner.” smile
No more magnums or 12 gauge slugs in fixed breech shotguns.
Originally Posted by Mike_S

Another flavor of brutal...
Originally Posted by Mike_S

Hear, hear....completely over it.
Well I read on here that you just need to get a little more upright on the bench with these type cartridges. Should make someone a fine rifle. I'm waiting on my 6x45 build myself.
A 300 Weatherby in a KS configuration is when I realized that recoil did bother me. That’s not even close to the 375 RUM.
Originally Posted by 30338
Well I read on here that you just need to get a little more upright on the bench with these type cartridges. Should make someone a fine rifle. I'm waiting on my 6x45 build myself.

this made me laugh.
Originally Posted by tmitch

Lol. smile
I guess no one on this thread would want to buy my 10.75lb. LH M-70 in .470 Capstick, huh? smirk wink
If I read correctly, the 470 Capstick is 375H&H blown out and necked up. In which case your 470 would be a perfect candidate to rebarrel to 375H&H and then rock on. A 9-9.5 pound 375H&H is just about right for my taste. Light enough to carry. Heavy enough to make recoil more of a stiff shove than a smack.
You want recoil?
Once owned a REM 700 built by Brown Precision. It was chambered in 450 Ackley. Iron sights, glass stock, weighed just over 6 pounds. No one asked to shoot it twice. It was quickly sold.
Almost as bad was a REM 700 KS in 375 H&H. The muzzle lift was so bad a brake had to be installed. Killed a lot of Moose with that rifle as well as caribou, Kodiak black tail deer, caribou, wart hog, and impala. It was carried a lot of miles and the light weight was appreciated.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
If I read correctly, the 470 Capstick is 375H&H blown out and necked up. In which case your 470 would be a perfect candidate to rebarrel to 375H&H and then rock on. A 9-9.5 pound 375H&H is just about right for my taste. Light enough to carry. Heavy enough to make recoil more of a stiff shove than a smack.

I already own a left-hand M-70 in .375H&H. The .470 Capstick was my 'heavy".
Gotcha…
4 bore rifle
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]4 bore in action by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

2 bore rifle. If loaded to the same velocity as the 4 bore above would kick 4X as hard. (never done--- because the result would be sever injury)
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]100_1422 by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
I fired Saeed's .577 T-Rex when I visited him. I declined to shoot the .700 Nitro. crazy
I purchased a beautiful .378 weatherby mag years ago.
Balanced nice, wood stock was outstanding came with a Weatherby scope and was a left hand model Mark V.
The beauty ended when the trigger was pulled! Even wearing a Past recoil pad.
Fired 9 shots trying to sight in the scope. Mounts were not tight enough on the tube to keep the scope from shifting back

Next morning I had a bruise on my shoulder that sent color from my elbow to middle of my chest and a flinch that took quite awhile (had to go into airguns) to get completely over.

Sold that gun - good riddance!
Call me a sissy if you want, but I don't miss watering eyes and loose teeth.....
Recoil velocity on a .378 Wby. Mark V is the problem - it hits you so fast!
My view of shooting is that it is supposed to be fun. The above description of events is not.
Around 2011 or 2012 I shot a 4 bore belonging to Cal Pappas when we used to have our double rifle shoots at Birchwood Range in Chugiak Alaska every spring. Cal warned me to hang onto it. I was wearing a thick parka and the single shot fit me pretty good. Pulled the trigger and rifle literally pointed straight up and pushed me back at least a step. Had a black and blue bruise on my shoulder about the size of an orange for 2 weeks.
After this I decided there was nothing to prove by testing my recoil tolernace.
For my 18th birthday (20+ years ago)
My dad got me cz 12 ga. over/under. Even with 2 3/4”, #8 sport or dove loads, it kicks like you’re shootings a slug. Kind of reminds me of mosin nagant in the sh*ty wood stock with metal plate for shoulder pad.
Once I also tried to shoot both triggers at once to see what happens, that was a mistake.
I can shoot my 06 all day, step up to 7 or 300 mag and I’m just not too fond of it.
20+ years ago I moved up to AK and quickly realized I was under gunned and over scoped. Only having my 22-250 & 25-06. I traded both for a very custom 8mm rem mag that tipped the scales at an even 7 pounds with a 2.5X Leupy. Never Ever have I experienced such severe cheek slap. It was like getting kicked in the face by a Mule every time I tripped the trigger on that monster. 2 years and about 5K rounds of 22lr later I was running a 338-06 with 210gr NPTs no issues.
© 24hourcampfire