Home
Posted By: CarolinaPanther Shot show - 01/20/22
Is anyone tracking any new releases pertaining to LH stuff for 2022. I have been looking, and the only thing I have seen was the Savage pistol and the Magpul savage stock
Posted By: bbassi Re: Shot show - 01/20/22
I wouldn't hold my breath this year given the state of the economy, manufacturing, and Covid BS. Always hope I'm wrong though.
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: Shot show - 01/20/22
Looks like the left hand Christensen arms rifles can be had with the new FFT stocks. Supposed to reduce the weight by almost a pound. The left hand ridgeline FFT has a listed weight starting at 5.3 pounds now
Posted By: KenMi Re: Shot show - 01/20/22
Cooper says there is something in the works new for LH, but wouldn't even give a timeframe of product announcement.
Posted By: Loper Re: Shot show - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
Looks like the left hand Christensen arms rifles can be had with the new FFT stocks. Supposed to reduce the weight by almost a pound. The left hand ridgeline FFT has a listed weight starting at 5.3 pounds now

Wow, that is an impressive weight. Surprised they are offering that for lefties

I was hoping Browning would some left hand X-bolt shot show specials, but no such luck. They have some left hand O/U options, but I’m not interested in that.
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Shot show - 01/21/22
Winchester is gonna make several models of their SX4 shotguns. 12 gauge.
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Shot show - 01/21/22

Finally, a manufacter offering sub-5.5# LH options. It'll be interesting to see what street price is.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Shot show - 01/21/22
The CA announcement touted that in addition to the FFT stocks being 1lb lighter, they are also less expensive. I guess we'll see. I'm interested, regardless.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Shot show - 01/22/22
Getting a left hand rifle right at 6 lbs all up for under $2k would be pretty impressive.
Posted By: WITUfan Re: Shot show - 01/22/22
I am pretty sure a left hand SX4 will be coming home with me when they become available!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Shot show - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Getting a left hand rifle right at 6 lbs all up for under $2k would be pretty impressive.

From what I read, the MSRP may be well below $2,000.
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: Shot show - 01/23/22
I hope your right but Christensen’s website has the ridgeline FFT listed at $2399
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Shot show - 01/23/22
I hope your right but Christensen’s website has the ridgeline FFT listed at $2399

7mm-08 with a 20” barrel would be nice.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Shot show - 01/23/22

Ugh...Was that for a LH gun? That sounds like the current price of a Ridgeline.

Maybe street price will be less.

Posted By: MLF Re: Shot show - 01/23/22
Curious if CZ is planning to produce their new flagship 600 model rifle in left hand.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Shot show - 01/23/22
My fear is that a decision has been made to discontinue any LH models. I hope I'm wrong.
Posted By: CarolinaPanther Re: Shot show - 01/23/22
I'm contemplating getting one of those sx4. Those bottom land pattern duck guns look nice. Also, that new savage pistol with a brace would make a fun short rifle. Might grab one in 223 or 308, maybe even 350. Not sure
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Shot show - 01/24/22
I haven't looked at the SX4. I shoot a Benelli SBE. How does the SX4 compare?
Posted By: 700LH Re: Shot show - 01/24/22
CZ isn't at the Shot Show but their CZub.cz web sight shows LH 457

https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-products-family/cz-457
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Shot show - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by 700LH
CZ isn't at the Shot Show but their CZub.cz web sight shows LH 457

https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-products-family/cz-457

that's some good news, thanks LH.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Shot show - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by WITUfan
I am pretty sure a left hand SX4 will be coming home with me when they become available!

That's what I'm thinking, the BPS will be going down the road.
Posted By: CarolinaPanther Re: Shot show - 01/24/22
I don't have much experience myself with the sx4, but for half the price of a sbe3, might be worth trying. Every win shotgun I've used I've had no problems with.
Posted By: CarolinaPanther Re: Shot show - 01/24/22
That 457 premium LH is a handsome 22. Wonder what the street price will be.
Posted By: WITUfan Re: Shot show - 01/25/22
I have been hoping for a left hand 457!
Posted By: Rlhunter0403 Re: Shot show - 01/27/22
Originally Posted by CarolinaPanther
I'm contemplating getting one of those sx4. Those bottom land pattern duck guns look nice. Also, that new savage pistol with a brace would make a fun short rifle. Might grab one in 223 or 308, maybe even 350. Not sure

Can somebody point me in the direction of the savage pistol mentioned above? I havent seen anything on this yet
Posted By: Rlhunter0403 Re: Shot show - 01/27/22
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
Originally Posted by CarolinaPanther

Can somebody point me in the direction of the savage pistol mentioned above? I havent seen anything on this yet

Nevermind I actually found it with my google machine
Posted By: uinta_fish Re: Shot show - 01/29/22
I have been using these new super steel shells in my 11-87, they are kicking its butt. I have replaced the wooden fore end twice, they cracked. The o-ring on the gas seal tube is totally shredded. Is this SX4 more robust in this regard? I have shot lots of 3" magnum Pheasant shells through this gun without a hiccup.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Shot show - 01/29/22
Who makes the super steel loads you're having trouble with?
Remington hypersonic is what I used to start with then I switched to Winchester blind side and had the same issues.
I was shooting next to a guy that had a new SX4 and he was getting his share.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Shot show - 01/29/22
Originally Posted by uinta_fish
I have been using these new super steel shells in my 11-87, they are kicking its butt. I have replaced the wooden fore end twice, they cracked. The o-ring on the gas seal tube is totally shredded. Is this SX4 more robust in this regard? I have shot lots of 3" magnum Pheasant shells through this gun without a hiccup.

Unita is this occurring with the gas cylinder collar in place? I have never heard of a problem like that on the 1187 before.
Posted By: org_Rogue_Hunter Re: Shot show - 01/29/22
Thought I read that a new sxs shotgun is being offered with LH cast in the stock (cast-on)?
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Shot show - 01/29/22
Originally Posted by uinta_fish
Remington hypersonic is what I used to start with then I switched to Winchester blind side and had the same issues.
I was shooting next to a guy that had a new SX4 and he was getting his share.

I’ve had my LH Beretta A400 for 3 or 4 years now. Everything from 3.5 turkey loads to 1oz skeet load have been through it without a hiccup. Easy on the shoulder too.

I flipped the safety on my A390 and that shoots everything as well. I would assume that the A300 would do the same at a reasonable price. I was hoping they were going to announce a lefty version at SHOT. No dice I guess.
I was looking at an A400, the cost was little staggering to me for a dedicated duck and geese gun but I guess I could use it for pheasants to. When my 11-87 cracked its fore end my cousin loaned is spare Benelli, that sob was not easy on the shoulder.
Yes, everything was in place as it should be, I have never heard of this happening before. This gun has been a shooter for me from the first time I picked it up. I hate to change to another.
Posted By: broomd Re: Shot show - 01/31/22
Originally Posted by Loper

Wow, that is an impressive weight. Surprised they are offering that for lefties

Agreed! Will investigate further....
© 24hourcampfire