Home
Posted By: Orion2000 You never know... - 03/08/22
You never know how an auction is going to go... Used, but good condition, run-of-the-mill, Left Hand Rem 700 BDL's have been consistently bringing $1,200 to $1,500 on Gun Broker over the past couple months. And then the auction below pops up for an ANIB LH Custom Shop KS rifle... And it appears to get no interest. Obviously, still several days left in the auction. Just surprised at the absence of bids...

LH Rem 700 KS on GB...
Posted By: Hastings Re: You never know... - 03/08/22
$1600 is why I don't bid and I need a LH deer rifle for my grand daughter.
Posted By: Kevin24 Re: You never know... - 03/08/22
Originally Posted by Hastings
$1600 is why I don't bid and I need a LH deer rifle for my grand daughter.

Or you could buy my LH Ruger Gunsite that I have posted on here. smile
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: You never know... - 03/08/22
$1,600 is high for a starting bid, but I won't be surprised to see it get bid on the last day. Given the prices these have been going for, someone will likely commit to a $1,600 bid....whether they hang on for the ride from there though, who knows. As your title alludes, you never know where these auctions will end up going.

I do believe the standard chambering (not a magnum or something stupid) will help it secure some bids before the auction expires.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: You never know... - 03/08/22
Gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .270
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: You never know... - 03/08/22
That looks an awful lot like an FS model (Fiberglass Stock), not a KS Kevlar Stock. The ADL configuration, rough matte finish on the rifle with a matching matte finish on the bolt are hallmarks of the FS line. Not that it's a bad thing, the FS models came with a Brown Precision stock and were always one of the sleeper deals in the Remington line, plus they were made when Remington was still at the top of their game.

I've had two of the FS models but am definitely not an expert on the KS line so it certainly could be a custom shop KS, I'm not seeing obvious roll marks on the barrel so that lends some credence to it. But I'd politely question the seller about his bona fides that this is a genuine custom shop rifle. If it really is and only has 18 rounds through it then $1600 is actually a pretty good deal, even before these CSHTF times.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: You never know... - 03/08/22
Did the FS guns have sights?
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: You never know... - 03/08/22
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Thank you! Yes, the FS did have sights so as Emily Litella would say, "never mind!"

In other news, geez, my CRS is getting bad... wink
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: You never know... - 03/08/22
I am not able to discern the difference between FS and KS stocks based solely on appearance. My twin to this rifle does have the dark finish on the bolt, but, not the rough texture on the barrel. To best of my knowledge, KS rifles were generally without sights. FS rifles were generally with sights. I say generally because I think I have seen a few large bore KS rifles with iron sights. .375 / .416 maybe? Special order? Standard issue on DG rifles? I did not notice any filler screws where sights had been removed in the GB link.
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: You never know... - 03/09/22
Having owned both KS and FS in the past, I'm pretty confident this is a KS. No sights, raised cheek piece and the color/finish of the stock all point to KS
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: You never know... - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Thank you! Yes, the FS did have sights so as Emily Litella would say, "never mind!"

In other news, geez, my CRS is getting bad... wink

I had a 700 FS L. H. that did not come with sights...
Posted By: HUNTNFISH Re: You never know... - 03/09/22
The unique barrel radius in front of the shank looks like the KS contour. The finish although not the best looks like a KS from the early 90’s.
I had a 280 with that finish and the trigger guard chipped on that one rather easily.
90’s Guns ordered from the custom shop cost about $900.00 IIRC. $1600.00 .Wow!
Posted By: sbhooper Re: You never know... - 03/09/22
These prices have gotten insane. It used to be that the left-hand rifles were always cheaper, as the demand was less. Maybe I should sell out and make some more room in the safe cool
Posted By: Onstep Re: You never know... - 03/11/22
I own the twin to this in a KS 300WM and 35 Whelen. Might have to watch it.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: You never know... - 03/12/22

LH Rem 700 KS on GB...[/quote]
Originally Posted by Orion2000
You never know how an auction is going to go... Used, but good condition, run-of-the-mill, Left Hand Rem 700 BDL's have been consistently bringing $1,200 to $1,500 on Gun Broker over the past couple months. And then the auction below pops up for an ANIB LH Custom Shop KS rifle... And it appears to get no interest. Obviously, still several days left in the auction. Just surprised at the absence of bids...

LH Rem 700 KS on GB...

Ended with no bids!

Relisted…..I bet it sells this time.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: You never know... - 03/12/22
FS didn’t have a cheek piece.

That is a KS.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: You never know... - 03/12/22
I thought the thread was going to be about this one! 😂

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/926940137
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: You never know... - 03/13/22
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I thought the thread was going to be about this one! 😂

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/926940137

I mounted a LH SS 7 RUM barreled action in a KS stock. All up weight @ 6.5lbs. Two rounds of factory 150gr ammo convinced me that was too much of good thing. The 338 RUM KS looks like a good donor for an SS LH KS .300 H&H Magnum... smile
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: You never know... - 03/20/22
This auction again ended without any bids.......

We're officially in a depression, thanks Joe.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: You never know... - 03/20/22
Saw that last night. Kinda like the LH McM Serengeti stock that has been for sale in the Classifieds. I expected that to be gone same day it was posted.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: You never know... - 03/20/22
This auction again ended without any bids.......

We're officially in a depression, thanks Joe.

That could be more about the caliber than a recession.
What's wrong with the caliber?
© 24hourcampfire