Home
Posted By: Topdogjh Lefty 300 Win Mag wanted… - 06/21/22
I’m pretty sure I will be picking up a Christensen Arms FFT Ridgeline in 300 WM soon, but if anybody else has an extra southpaw 300 WM collecting dust send me a PM, I prefer something on a 700 action or clone, I know Remington made them for a bit, the LSS model, I have one already in 300 RUM, that in a 300 Win Mag would definitely interest me, I had an ULA in 300 WM once, like the one on Gunbroker right now, I should have just kept it I guess, thanks!
I had a Remington 700 in 300 RUM. It was a lefty. Sold the stock and put a HS Precision on it. Swapped the barrel for a 300 wm stainless barrel I bought here and kept on trucking. It shoots really well, but I don’t shoot it much. Everything I hunt can be easily killed by a 308 or 3006, heck a 257 for that matter. I just liked the idea of a stainless 300 wm just in case.
I saw no need for a 300 RUM and thought the lss stock was a bit heavy and ugly.
Yup I sold the laminated stock off my RUM as well, then I went to a HS precision stock on that rifle, sold that too, and now it wears a Greyboe Outlander stock, DBM, Timney trigger, and Twisted Barrel LLC fluted the bolt and barrel, it shoots lights out and although I never use it for it’s intended purpose I just can’t let it go, I bought that brand new I believe in the late 90’s and I have the matching 270 to go with it also bought the same time, great factory rifles.
© 24hourcampfire