Home
Posted By: kscowboy01 WTB LH 270 Win - 11/12/22
Hello,

This forum has been a great source for finding LH rifles for my father. Unfortunately, I do everything LH but shoot. Yeah, not cool when it comes to our gun cabinet.

A lefty friend is in the market for a one and done purchase for life. He’s wanting a stainless rifle with a composite stock. He wants it threaded, as he plans to add a suppressor. Of course, a scope will also be added.

So with these conditions, where should we start? He’s not totally married to the 270 but that is preferable. He does not reload.

Appreciate it in advance. Open to used rifles that are just gathering dust too.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: WTB LH 270 Win - 11/12/22
A LH Tikka would be the "easy button" for everything except the "threaded" part. And not a big deal to get a reputable gunsmith to thread a barrel once he has the rifle in hand...
Posted By: xhogboss Re: WTB LH 270 Win - 11/13/22
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ifles-and-shotguns-for-sale#Post17710055

PM Wilbur to see if it's still available.
Posted By: TheDude Re: WTB LH 270 Win - 11/13/22
Another vote for Tikka, excellent rifles. Heres my 270. Its not for sale but they re easy to get.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: kscowboy01 Re: WTB LH 270 Win - 11/13/22
Thanks. Looking like the Tikka is a solid default option. I know a suppressor manufacturer who could probably thread and fit this for him. Got a PM on another option.

Keep it coming!
Posted By: KenMi Re: WTB LH 270 Win - 11/14/22
There is a left hand 270 Cooper Backcountry on Gunbroker that checks all the boxes and under 6#. But it is in a different budget range than other mentioned options
Posted By: kscowboy01 Re: WTB LH 270 Win - 11/14/22
KenMi, I saw that one. I sent it to him. You're right, it does check all the boxes and then some.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: WTB LH 270 Win - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by KenMi
There is a left hand 270 Cooper Backcountry on Gunbroker that checks all the boxes and under 6#. But it is in a different budget range than other mentioned options

If you are referring to the one with the green KUIU finish. Yes, nice rifle, at a "nice" price... However, if I were looking for a "Buy Once, Cry once, Do All" rifle, that would certainly fill the bill...
Posted By: Loper Re: WTB LH 270 Win - 11/15/22
I have a threaded stainless Browning A-Bolt that I could potentially let go of. If your buddy isn’t married to the 270, it is chambered in 30-06. Let me know if interested.
© 24hourcampfire