Home
Posted By: Rodney482 Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/21/22
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/955338302
I'm not a 7mag guy, or I'd be all over this. Could be a great deal for somebody, especially considering the glass. These Sakos are usually really nice handling and accurate.
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/21/22
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
I'm not a 7mag guy, or I'd be all over this. Could be a great deal for somebody, especially considering the glass. These Sakos are usually really nice handling and accurate.

It went 1 cycle of no bids…. Had it been a non magnum I would have bought it
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by Rodney482
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser

It went 1 cycle of no bids…. Had it been a non magnum I would have bought it

Same here. it's very likely that if it wasn't a magnum, we'd have been bidding against each other...
Posted By: tmitch Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/22/22
You're in luck................... .280 Rem AV Hunter https://www.gunbroker.com/item/958154967
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/23/22
I saw that.
Posted By: LBP Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/23/22
I use to have one. It always bugged me that the rifle was a mirror image of the right hand version except for the safety, it made no sense Sako left it on the right side.
Posted By: TwoTrax Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by LBP
I use to have one. It always bugged me that the rifle was a mirror image of the right hand version except for the safety, it made no sense Sako left it on the right side.

This. I have walked away from a couple of good deals on Sako AV's because of this feature.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by TwoTrax
Originally Posted by LBP

This. I have walked away from a couple of good deals on Sako AV's because of this feature.

And that is one of the things I like about the LH Sako actions. I don’t have to move my thumb off the right hand side to operate the safety. To each their own.
I agree with Orion, I like that feature on the Sako's. Very comfortable and easy to reach Safety
Posted By: John0313 Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/23/22
I’m with Orion and 358 on this. Never understood why the safety ended up on the left side of the action. Definitely not convenient.
Posted By: TwoTrax Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/23/22
I think it has to do with familiarity. It just felt unnatural to me as the other lefty bolts have the safety on the left.

Using your logic, why do NONE of the right handed bolts have the safety on the LEFT side?
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/24/22
I think it has to do with familiarity. It just felt unnatural to me as the other lefty bolts have the safety on the left.

Using your logic, why do NONE of the right handed bolts have the safety on the LEFT side?

Admittedly, small numbers. However, over the years, there have been a few variants of right hand rifles with safety on left side. Apparently some Peruvian Mausers came thus equipped. And some FN Mausers. Also NECG offers three position swing safety conversions for RH Mausers with a LH safety for those so inclined. Commercially, Right Handers preferring a Left Hand safety are probably fewer than true Left Handers. Hence the dearth of LH safeties on RH arms.
Posted By: LBP Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/24/22

On mine as I recall I had to shift my hand because I couldn’t disengage the safety from my firing grip. On a left side safety say a Remington I only have to move my thumb. It also just looked weird to me other than that it was a great rifle.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/24/22
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by LBP

And that is one of the things I like about the LH Sako actions. I don’t have to move my thumb off the right hand side to operate the safety. To each their own.
Originally Posted by John0313
I’m with Orion and 358 on this. Never understood why the safety ended up on the left side of the action. Definitely not convenient.
I like the safety on the right side, where the tip of my thumb is.
Posted By: TwoTrax Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/24/22
Tang safety for the win!
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/24/22
I can live with the safety on the right. Anschutz Is that way too.
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/24/22
Agree Two Trax.
Posted By: LBP Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/25/22
Tang safety for the win!
Absolutely the best location.
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/25/22
Tang safety for the win!
100%
Posted By: Starbuck Re: Lefty sako GB 8 hrs left - 11/25/22
Another vote for tang safeties.

I own a number of different brands of rifles, but I generally grab one of my Browning A-Bolts for hunting due to their safety. I do a lot of bird hunting with O/U's, and the tang safety is second nature.
© 24hourcampfire