Home
Posted By: rovert Stockys FYI - 01/13/23
I ordered a Stockys carbon stock (LH Tikka) on the 8th. The status was "backorder"when I ordered it. They still show that status now but mine showed up today. So, at least in my case, the backorders are being filled quickly. I figured it would be months.
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: Stockys FYI - 01/13/23
Curious to hear what you think of it.
Posted By: rovert Re: Stockys FYI - 01/13/23
Here are my first impressions.

Pros:

Light

Tight

Stiff

Perfect barrel channel

Cons:

Tang area is a little rough

My MT bottom metal sits slightly proud at the rear, good at front

Butt is a bit hollow sounding, I'll see what the weight penalty of foam is

Slippery, I knew this would be the case but the painted versions aren't being sold yet. I'll likely be painting mine myself.
Posted By: rovert Re: Stockys FYI - 01/14/23
I pulled the recoil pad and found it to already be, apparently, foam filled. It sounded far to hollow for that, though. The foam was very spongy. I started digging into it, finding that it only went in about 3". I dug it out and filled the entire hollow portion of the stock with spray foam. There is negligible weight penalty (.6 oz), which takes the stock exactly to its advertised weight of 21 oz.

Weights:

As shipped - 20.4 oz
w/o recoil pad - 18.1 oz
w/ new foam and no recoil pad - 18.7 oz

FWIW, my factory T3X stock weighs 27.3 oz. That's an expensive six ounces but I don't have to carry a plastic stock, regardless of how good that plastic stock is.
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: Stockys FYI - 01/14/23
That sounds pretty good!
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Stockys FYI - 01/14/23
Any improvement in comb height? Get your cheek any higher and closer to bore axis for real rings and scope use?
Posted By: rovert Re: Stockys FYI - 01/15/23
I believe they are very close to the same comb height as a factory stock. I haven't gone any larger than a 42 mm on a Tikka but haven't had any issues. I mount them pretty tight to the barrel.
© 24hourcampfire