Home
Posted By: CarolinaPanther 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
Anyone seen any new LH released? I did see a Christensen seemed to add sitka camo pattern stocks to their LH line
Posted By: CarolinaPanther Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
I also saw Anderson Arms plans on releasing a new LH version of their new cerbat rifle later this year.
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
I have no idea when they will be available in the states but the Tikka selector shows left hand options in 6.5 prc
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
And it looks like the left hand sitka edition ridgeline in 6.5 prc has an 18inch barrel which kinda intrigues me for running suppressed
Posted By: PaintedDesert Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
I hope there’s more in the next few months. All I’ve noticed is what LH rifles were lost. That’s probably a bigger list than what’s coming out.

We lost Remington, CZ USA, Nesika And Dakota. Ruger didn’t come out with anything and neither did Browning, Sako, Styer, Cooper, Stag, Rock River, Anschutz, Lithgow or Weatherby. Savage didn’t either, but they get credit for their straight pull that’s reversible.
Posted By: OGB Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
I have no idea when they will be available in the states but the Tikka selector shows left hand options in 6.5 prc

I saw this. It's in a sort of "target" configuration and seems a bit heavy. Nothing against that but am wondering, since they are tooled up for it, why not a T3X light stainless in 6.5PRC?
Posted By: Rlhunter0403 Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
Originally Posted by CarolinaPanther
I also saw Anderson Arms plans on releasing a new LH version of their new cerbat rifle later this year.

That could be pretty cool. I really wish these manufacturers would make a precision style rifle like that, but one that doesnt weigh 12 lbs. If this cerbat comes in anywhere near 7lbs I will probably buy it
Posted By: KenMi Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
Originally Posted by PaintedDesert
I hope there’s more in the next few months. All I’ve noticed is what LH rifles were lost. That’s probably a bigger list than what’s coming out.

We lost Remington, CZ USA, Nesika And Dakota. Ruger didn’t come out with anything and neither did Browning, Sako, Styer, Cooper, Stag, Rock River, Anschutz, Lithgow or Weatherby. Savage didn’t either, but they get credit for their straight pull that’s reversible.

Dakota is rebranded as Parkwest Arms with a major price hike. Have seen a few LH on Gunbroker.

Cooper is out completely for a while after their buyout. Appears the single shot bolt actions are history, unless they get reintroduced. Repeaters are still cataloged but guessing they will get a price hike by Nighthawk
Posted By: TonyRumore Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
I wish Howa would make their 1500 line in a left hand version.

Tony
Posted By: redleg733 Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/20/23
Looks like STAG arms is coming out with a bolt gun. In the video I saw, it looked like one rep was holding a right hand version and the other rep holding a LH.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/21/23
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
And it looks like the left hand sitka edition ridgeline in 6.5 prc has an 18inch barrel which kinda intrigues me for running suppressed

+1.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/21/23
I'd like to see some of the left hand Tikka CTR in 6.5 PRC in stock. Got tired of waiting, so went ahead and had one built.

I'd also like to see the 7PRC offered in LH Tikka.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/22/23
I’d buy a waypoint.

I get it, beans counters wanna make money.

Least make like 2 runs a year. Least i could say i had a chance at one. 😂😂
Posted By: OGB Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/23/23
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I’d buy a waypoint.

I get it, beans counters wanna make money.

Least make like 2 runs a year. Least i could say i had a chance at one. 😂😂

This line of thought could be worthy of it's own thread in 3.... 2....
Posted By: odonata Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/28/23
Originally Posted by CarolinaPanther
Anyone seen any new LH released?

I saw my first Beretta BRX1 on GunBroker yesterday: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/968425214

So it's nice to see one finally make it to this side of the Atlantic. It's a switch-barrel straight-pull similar to a Blaser R93 / R8. The GunBroker listing shows photos of it in both LH & RH setup. Since it was projected to sell for less than $2k, I think the GB listing is asking a premium price hoping someone will pay extra because they're impatient. I'll find this rifle more interesting once the barrel selection expands to a dozen calibers. 308, 30-06 & 300 Win is too narrow at the moment.
Posted By: CarolinaPanther Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/28/23
That is interesting. I have never owned a straight pull. This one looks visually pleasing vs the savage. Personally, I'm more excited about the reintroduction of the marlin 336 in 35 rem
Posted By: TomGresham Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/30/23
I shot that rifle at the SHOT show. Once you get the movement down, it’s really fast.

They said to expect around $1600 MSRP.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/30/23
Looks much like Blaser's R93/R8 but has limited barrel choices.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/30/23
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

And at 1/2 the price. Sign me up for one.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/30/23
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

And at 1/2 the price. Sign me up for one.
With about 4 cartridge choices.
Posted By: odonata Re: 2023 LH rifles - 01/30/23

As a left-handed shooter, I try to like any LH rifle that comes onto the market since there's so few of them to choose from. So I hope the BRX1 is a success. The only problem I have with it at the moment is a lingering disappointment with Beretta's development of the ARX 100 semi auto. If you go to it's web page today it has printed The barrel is also easily replaceable in seconds, making is possible to use different lengths and calibers without any tools required. But in the 15 years since its release, the only caliber I've ever seen is 5.56/223. I'm still waiting for those different lengths & calibers to appear. Maybe I missed them after losing interest. Springfield Armory has made no similar claims about the future of the ambidextrous Hellion but I was kind of curious if another caliber might appear for it one day.

Originally Beretta said there were going to be four initial calibers for the BRX1. But since the very early postings, I've never heard about a 6.5CM being available leaving only the three .30 calibers to choose from. While I can't fault their initial selection (all of them are good rounds), I am kind of curious what their priority & choices on the next available calibers might be.
© 24hourcampfire