Home
Eurooptics has some decent prices on some Left Hand Christensen Rifles,

Mesa Ti on sale about 500 off, 1 or 2 of those lefty’s left,

Then a few other Ridgelines and Mesa’s.

Just a heads up if your in the need, I grabbed a Mesa Ti in .308.
Wow at 5.1 lbs that is impressive. I had no idea that any manufacture made factory rifles for us lefties that light, except maybe Weatherby.
Mine should be here Wednesday night, I’ll weight it and post the weight, I’m expecting 6.25 out of the box,
Be very cautious of those rifles. Do your research - they are known for inaccurate and defective barrels right out of the box. You honestly couldn't pay me to shoot a CA Ridgeline/Mesa rifle. You can be MUCH further ahead with a Remington 700 platform and pick your barrel, stock, etc.
Originally Posted by Kevin24
Be very cautious of those rifles. Do your research - they are known for inaccurate and defective barrels right out of the box. You honestly couldn't pay me to shoot a CA Ridgeline/Mesa rifle. You can be MUCH further ahead with a Remington 700 platform and pick your barrel, stock, etc.

I've also heard that from a couple friends. Barrel or chambering?

Thanks,

Bob
My Mesa shoots sub MOA and feeds anything I shoot through it. I know some have had issues, but going on 4 years and no issues.
Kevin24 have you actually owned one or just going on the Internet forums? Honest question. The internet definitely makes it seem like it would be a bit like playing Russian roulette and that might be the case but the only one I have ever personally owned and shot has been a good gun. It’s a right hand 6.5 prc ridgeline I bought for my wife and daughter to use. In all fairness I did drop it in a different stock and glass bed it myself so maybe that makes a difference. Also it runs a SWFA 3-9 so that removes one variable😁
Have a Mesa and Ridgeline and they both shoot great.

What research? On the internet?

LOL.

99 guys will say good to go, but guaranteed at least one will differ, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

LOL.

99 guys will say good to go, but guaranteed at least one will differ, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Like anything, there are specific forums and groups for everything out there. Go join the CA Arms Facebook group and read your heart out. I was once on the fence buying one when I didn't know any better. Again, if that's the risk you want to take...knock yourself out. Me, I will put my hard earned money elsewhere and not take the chance.

For the money those rifles cost, you can build yourself a rifle that is tried true and proven. Why would you take the gamble? No thanks.

LOL.

Like anything, there are specific forums and groups for everything out there. Go join the CA Arms Facebook group and read your heart out. I was once on the fence buying one when I didn't know any better. Again, if that's the risk you want to take...knock yourself out. Me, I will put my hard earned money elsewhere and not take the chance.

For the money those rifles cost, you can build yourself a rifle that is tried true and proven. Why would you take the gamble? No thanks.
You must have a gunsmith who works very cheap and a place for "black market" prices if you think you can build a comparable rifle at CA prices. Especially at the price point that Eurooptic is offering with their present sale. Yes, I bought 2 to add to the 3 others I've purchased in the past.
Kevin, please tell me where I can have a rifle built with those components for 1600 bucks,

titanium left hand action

Stainless barrel

High end trigger

MOA guarantee

Fluted bolt and bolt shroud

Threaded muzzle

Muzzle break with thread protector. (Not a big fan of brakes)…..

Fiberglass stock

Base weight of 6 lbs or less,,

I’ve played mind games with my self for the last year or so, Was going to have Hill Country Rifles build me a rifle some what similar to the Ti,

6 grand for the base rifle….

Since you did reply to this thread, in the Left and forum, I’m going to assume your familiar with the very limited options to us lefties,

Is there a left hand stainless or even titanium action out there that isn’t 1k or more? For just the action alone.
Not built, but you can put together a functional equivalent.

Stainless T3X LH $850
Stockys Carbon Fiber Stock $490
Barrel threading and bolt fluting <$300
Sell your factory stock -$75

Grand total: $1565

It's not a titanium action but will be lighter than the non-FFT Ti Mesa.

I have one Mesa FFT and three Tikkas. That's not nearly enough to judge the accuracy of the platforms. I feel like I've read enough accounts to know that you have a better chance of getting a Mesa that doesn't shoot.

When it comes down to features, I prefer the hinged floor plate of the Mesa to the Tikka DBM. I prefer the Tikka 70° bolt lift to the Mesa.

There is no doubt that you get a lot of rifle for the money from CA. Can you have a comparable rifle for the same or less money? I think so. Can you pay a gunsmith to build you one? Doubtful
Originally Posted by rovert

Stainless T3X LH $850

I have one Mesa FFT and three Tikkas. That's not nearly enough to judge the accuracy of the platforms. I feel like I've read enough accounts to know that you have a better chance of getting a Mesa that doesn't shoot.

When it comes down to features, I prefer the hinged floor plate of the Mesa to the Tikka DBM. I prefer the Tikka 70° bolt lift to the Mesa.

There is no doubt that you get a lot of rifle for the money from CA. Can you have a comparable rifle for the same or less money? I think so. Can you pay a gunsmith to build you one? Doubtful
You forgot about threading a barrel/break, trigger Tech Trigger, Bedding, etc. to mention a few options.
Kevin, please tell me where I can have a rifle built with those components for 1600 bucks,

Stainless barrel

High end trigger

MOA guarantee

Threaded muzzle

Fiberglass stock

I’ve played mind games with my self for the last year or so, Was going to have Hill Country Rifles build me a rifle some what similar to the Ti,

Since you did reply to this thread, in the Left and forum, I’m going to assume your familiar with the very limited options to us lefties,

Is there a left hand stainless or even titanium action out there that isn’t 1k or more? For just the action alone.

Not arguing, didn’t know the Mesas had a Ti action?
I've avoided Christensen because of the rumors, but more because a one-time Christensen dealer friend told me it was virtually impossible to get them to take responsibility for inaccuracy issues. Take it for what it's worth though. I have a Kimber Montana I love and the same could be said about them.

Stainless T3X LH $850

And then when you go to sell it on here, people will have a fit about how its a cobbled together Frankenstein gun. No thanks i would just buy a CA
Originally Posted by stevevan1
You forgot about threading a barrel/break, trigger Tech Trigger, Bedding, etc. to mention a few options.

I included $300 for barrel threading and bolt fluting. Bolt fluting runs about $120 and barrel threading about $100. That leaves $80 for a brake. Yeah, that's probably a little light but the total will still be around $1600.

I haven't run into bedding and aftermarket triggers being necessary with Tikkas.

The point is, there is a simple way to get a LH, less than 6lb rifle that will shoot.

I'm not bashing CA or the Mesa at all. I think they're very nice. I bought one for my son. Just showing another way to skin the cat.

Son's 6.5 CM Mesa FFT/ Daughter's .260 Tikka

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

There is a Ti version, not all are Ti.
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
And then when you go to sell it on here, people will have a fit about how its a cobbled together Frankenstein gun. No thanks i would just buy a CA

An aftermarket stock and barrel threading makes it a Frankenrifle?

I'm not sure the "resale value card" plays very well in a CA vs Tikka debate from what I've seen in the classifieds.

Stainless barrel

High end trigger

MOA guarantee

Threaded muzzle

Fiberglass stock

It's very easy to do. Like already mentioned in this thread....you can buy a Tikka T3X which to me is a more consistent shooting rifle than the CA in stock form. Regardless, you can buy the Tikka, throw an aftermarket barrel of your choice, and a carbon stock and be money ahead. And more importantly, a better performer. You can do the exact same thing with an old Remington 700 which to me is the best way to go.

Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403

Stainless T3X LH $850

That is so far from the truth. People that have done their research would much prefer a build based on a Tikka or Remington action than a stock CA Mesa/Ridgeline. Look at the resale in the classifieds...that should tell you enough. The Tikka and Remington 700 (or R700 clone actions) are the gold standard for most hunting rifle builds. I'm sorry, and don't take offense to this, the CA rifles are a very budget entry level introduction intro 'custom' rifle. You aren't really getting a custom rifle if that's what you're seriously after.
Me, I’ve taken no offense, this has been a good conversation,

But,

I disagree that you can put together a build with new parts for 1500, especially when you are talking about a new barrel and smith services.

Find me a smith who will do completes for 1500/1600, I’ll have the check in the mail by this Saturday.

And no, I don’t consider a CA a ‘custom”.

Like I said earlier, the Custom that I would like, 6,000 dollars before optics.
The Ti arrived today, weight is 6lbs 3oz, No thread protector in the box,

Otherwise liking what i see so far.
Some good conversation here by all,

Here’s my thoughts on the Tikkas,,

I don’t hate the stock enough to throw it away and drop 800 on a Mcmillin, BTDT and less than satisfied on 2 of them,

Then paying 800 for a stock on a 800 dollar rifle,,,,just doesn’t compute to me,

Liked the stock enough to keep it around and throw a few bucks at it, grab that vertical pistol grip that really does improve the ergos in my opioion, but we are still left with that slippery feeling that is often mentioned by many, so the stock is currently off in Texas for paint and spiderwebbing, main focus here is grippyness, should have that stock back next week, fingers crossed, about 140 bucks invested in this,

Others have mentioned the tikka mag, not my favorite either, even though Tikkas have the long action, I can barely get 140 VLDs at -.050 to feed properly from the mag, had a few hang ups,

So ordered the Mountain Tactial mag which has a few extra K hairs ID, the 140’s feed a little better, but now Barnes TSX bullets hang up when the bottom of the bolt catches the bands on the Barnes, another 80 bucks here, (?)

Different mags for different bullets? Huh?

And now the Plastic bottom metal, and plastic bolt release, and plastic bolt shroud, That might be all in my head, but before I would spend any more money on a Tikka, those plastic parts would be gone,

And now for the trigger, if there was a Trigger tech trigger for a Tikka, it would already be here,

Help me out here folks, This trigger has a soft mushy feel in the take up, it just adds to the plastic ambiance of a Tikka, It’s not a heavy trigger or such, just mushy in the take up and break,

Any ideas on a fix here?

Spent 10 days last August humping 60 miles with a 9 lb rifle when the 7.5 lb Tikka was left home, just didn’t have the confidence in the rifle to bring it with, So the old heavyweight Mr. Reliable went for a long walk…

I saw where others here have mentioned likes and dislike with either the Tikka or the Mesa, Neither are perfect so far to me,

No one’s right, and no ones wrong, It’s the search that keeps us going,

The Tikka is one of my more accurate rifles, buttery smooth bolt, Just need to get rid of that Tupperware ambience,

Handling the Mesa tonight, I like what I feel compared to the Tikka,

Load work up should be interesting, I’ll let ya know how it goes in the next few weeks.

Just rambling on here………..
The plastic bothers me as well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The mag is the only plastic left.
A few months back I got into some really interesting discussions here with several other Tikka owners via pm,

Tikkas are almost like AR platforms with the availability of aftermarket parts,

Titanium bolt shrouds, bolt releases, bottom metal, jeweled bolts, McMillan stocks, Mags, You can really throw some coin at these bad boys.

There is a Ti version, not all are Ti.

Yes.

But not the $1600 base model Mesa that Kenneth was mentioning.

For a comparison…

I’ve had Alamo Precision build 2 for me.

At that time, their base model was $2500 or so. Looking at the API website , it’s around $3200 now.

No complaints. They make a great gun. And prices of everything has increased.
I think he got the Ti for $1600 via the sale that this thread was started about.
Just call them and they will give you a promo code for a free thread protector with free shipping, I have no idea why they do this either, you would just think they would stick it in the box with the rifle, oddly enough on the more expensive Ridgeline you have to purchase a thread protector separately, on the Mesa it’s free.
Do not buy the Christensen.

Pm me for details

lefty
Worst f...ng rifle I ever owned. Bar none

Lefty
I think he got the Ti for $1600 via the sale that this thread was started about.

Correct.
Originally Posted by Topdogjh
Just call them and they will give you a promo code for a free thread protector with free shipping, I have no idea why they do this either, you would just think they would stick it in the box with the rifle, oddly enough on the more expensive Ridgeline you have to purchase a thread protector separately, on the Mesa it’s free.
Originally Posted by Topdogjh

Tried your idea today, No go.

Thread protectors are available on their website is what I was told,

Color options are black, black, and black,

No stainless.
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Do not buy the Christensen.

Pm me for details

lefty

Too late,
Range report,

All good so far, fed and ejected with no issues,

Basic barrel break in but initial groups show inch or even slightly less for 3 shot groups,

I’ll take that, And so far I’m really liking this rifle. Love that trigger tech trigger.
you got lucky and got one of the good ones.

All the parts are there, they just don't take the time to put them together right.

lefty

I disagree that you can put together a build with new parts for 1500, especially when you are talking about a new barrel and smith services.

Find me a smith who will do completes for 1500/1600, I’ll have the check in the mail by this Saturday.

Ditto!

All the parts are there, they just don't take the time to put them together right.

lefty

I got lucky too I guess. I took a chance on a lightly used Ridgeline 7mm-08 and I love it. It shoots basically any load I can throw together under 1" and very close to the same POI, which is a first for me.
For comparison…

The fft ridge line in 18” barrel..

Euro Optics lists for $2600.

Alamo Precision has something similar listed on their website for $4200.

Carbon stock. Carbon barrel. Etc..

Apple to Apples? No.

But a comparison non the less.
For comparison…

The fft ridge line in 18” barrel..

Euro Optics lists for $2600.

Alamo Precision has something similar listed on their website for $4200.

Carbon stock. Carbon barrel. Etc..

Apple to Apples? No.

But a comparison non the less.

Me personally, I like this Mesa Ti for 1600 so much that I’m considering grabbing another in 6.5 PRC

lefty

I feel for ya brother, wish I had an answer or resolution for you.
© 24hourcampfire