Home
I purchased this Left Hand 700 in 22-250 last week from Steve at the Hog Hunt. I had the Lyman 10 Power laying around so decided to stick it on the rifle. I will be trying it with the Sierra 52 gr Match bullet and H4895 . I haven't decided where to leave the barrel at 26 inch or chuck it up in the Lathe and cut it to 24 and re-crown. Guess i will see how it shoots first .
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sweet lefty, do you know how she is twisted? I too would shoot it like it is - you may strike gold.
I've got two of them ,they have 1 in 14 twist .both shoot 55 Berger varmint match bullets . One likes 39.5 h-380 .the other ,38.2 H-380 Both Nosler brass. And 210 m primmer. I was going to rechamber one to .22-250 ackley but haven't done it yet. The 26 " barrels are HEAVEY But love the way they shoot. Nice snag!!
Looks like a nice polished finish on the metal. Those current SPS heavies have a finish I just can't warm up to. Would take an older one like that anytime. Nice rig.
I have owned a number of 22-250's over the years since the 70's and IMR 4320 has been the most consistent accurate powder i have tried with bullets 50 to 55 gr and will be trying it in this rifle as soon as i pick up a new pound
Very nice rifle. Over the years 34 grains of IMR4895 under a 52 grain BTHP bullet, has worked well in my heavy barrel Model 700 BDL varmit special.
this is the load i have loaded to try first
My former rifle is looking good with that scope.

Glad you bought it instead of some stranger.

Steve
Thanks Steve , i will let you know how it does .
© 24hourcampfire