Home
Here is another 308 Win i have had for a while, but have never gotten around to hunting with it. Browning LH Short Trac BAR in 308 Win . As soon as Browning started selling these i had to have one. I love the way the rifle feels and may have to take me a deer with it this coming season. The scope is the Buris 2x7 Full Field 2 Ballistic Plex Reticle , Warne Rings
[Linked Image]
I have two scopes just like yours and they are really nice IMO. The BAR intrigues me a bit mostly for my wife to try, can you chamber a round quietly like a bolt action or are they loud to load? I would be looking at a 270 Win most likely or maybe a 7mm-08 and the reduced recoil of an autoloader would be good for her.
It is about as quiet a bolt gun if you take your time, i went with the 308 Win for two reasons , One the 308 Win just works and kills Big Game as good as any magnum and the second reason i figured it would give me the best potential for accuracy out of the BAR Semi-Auto Platform .
Thanks I'll have to check them out on our holiday in July. One of the things I want to do is spend some time in a big gun store checking things out.
very nice setup,i put one of those scopes on my triumph muzzleloader that i shortened the barrel to 20in . compact scopes looks good on it,plus the grey and black match my grey weathershield and black stock pefectly.
sounds like a good deer hunting setup you have .
Silly me, I thought they just had lefthand cheekpieces, and the actions were all righthanded. This is getting interesting in a hurry! smile
true left hand
© 24hourcampfire