Home
Posted By: CarolinaPanther New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
Gents,

I don't post much but I do a lot of reading on here. I thought y'all might be interested in this. Ruger is releasing a HAWKEYE FTW RIFLE. The MSPR is pretty high but it looks real nice. According to thefirearmblog.com it will be introduced in 3 LH calibers (.375 Ruger, 6.5 Creedmore, .300 win mag). I personally thinking about the 300 winny.

Hopefully these links work, if not copy and paste:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/24/ruger-hawkeye-ftw-hunter-rifle/

http://ruger.com/products/HawkeyeFTWHunter/models.html
Posted By: Billu Re: New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
Nice looking rifle.....I would be interested in the 6.5. I already have enough 300 mags and a 375 Ruger alaskan in LH.
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
It's nice to see more left handed offerings. I'd be interested in the 6.5 as well.
Posted By: tmitch Re: New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
Now if we could just get them to make a left hand rimfire! I don't understand their reluctance to do that instead of bringing out all these "niche" guns.
Posted By: KenMi Re: New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
Catalog numbers:

Already listed on the Davidson's site with pictures. None currently in stock

If they would get rid of the horse's ass fit all stock system, it might look decent.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
Am I reading that right that the "Feather Weight" has a laminated stock and comes in at 7.6 pounds for the lightest version ?
Posted By: tmitch Re: New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
FTW not FWT. Named after the FTW Ranch where they hold the SAAM (Sportsman's All-weather All-terain Marksmanship) training courses. They're certainly not featherweight!
Posted By: KenMi Re: New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
Curious why they went with a laminate with that finish, instead of doing just a synthetic with the same finish. Weight could have been made the same. Probably rigidity and stability of laminate was the goal, but a well built synthetic could have done the same.
Posted By: 19rabbit52 Re: New LH Ruger - 05/25/16
I can not believe Ruger would put a rifle out there for over $1200 that has such a horrible fitting butt pad (straight cut at bottom, instead of following bottom angle of stock). Rifle is beautiful except that.
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: New LH Ruger - 05/26/16
I might have to look at the 300WM myself but I agree with the comments on the pad!
Posted By: pathfinder76 Re: New LH Ruger - 05/26/16
That is one awful looking stock.
Posted By: KenMi Re: New LH Ruger - 05/26/16
Impossible to have a good looking and fitting pad, and also have an adjustable LOP. Unless of course, they supplied several different thicknesses of pads, each ground correctly to the stock. But, really 2 or 3 at most would cover most situations, and not look like a jackass.
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: New LH Ruger - 05/26/16
Well, what it lacks in elegance it makes up in ...

something I can't figure.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: New LH Ruger - 05/26/16
All I wanted was a LH American in CM? But I could restock it in my spare wood Hawkeye stock, then get it to shoot. That's what I love about the American they shoot great with no fuss.
Posted By: jakelly Re: New LH Ruger - 05/26/16
Any idea of street price fellas? Unless that's a McMillan, $1200 seems ambitious.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: New LH Ruger - 05/27/16
Originally Posted by tmitch
FTW not FWT. Named after the FTW Ranch where they hold the SAAM (Sportsman's All-weather All-terain Marksmanship) training courses. They're certainly not featherweight!

Thanks for the clarification. Never heard of FTW or SAAM. Couldn't figure out how a 7.6 pound rifle, naked, was a Feather Weight...
Posted By: KenMi Re: New LH Ruger - 05/27/16
Funny thing is- you can buy 3 Ruger Americans for the same price, and pretty much guarantee that the Americans will shoot circles around the FTW, and have a better trigger.

Should have just used the American platform.
Posted By: Porker Re: New LH Ruger - 05/28/16
How on earth can they do a creedmoor and not a 260 Rem in LH??
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: New LH Ruger - 05/28/16
Originally Posted by Porker
How on earth can they do a creedmoor and not a 260 Rem in LH??

Pretty easy actually. Either the Creedmor or the 260 is within 100 fps of each other. And the Creedmor is the lastest buzz word in cartridges. The rifle is to ugly and priced to high to even consider one.

Still, kudos to Ruger for trying.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: New LH Ruger - 06/01/16
It is an option at least.
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: New LH Ruger - 06/01/16
Again.....what "upgrades" make this an MSRP of $1200+ It's wood and stainless. That's a $799 rifle.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: New LH Ruger - 06/01/16
This prompted me to check out the FTW Ranch website.

My guess is that FTW is an acronym for 'For The Wealthy'.....which is a bit of a dichotomy considering a Ruger bolt-gun.

Posted By: yukonphil Re: New LH Ruger - 06/02/16
we cant complain, we got some options as lefties.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: New LH Ruger - 06/02/16
Who else makes a 6.5 Creedmoor in LH ?
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: New LH Ruger - 06/03/16
Montana Rifle Company makes their ASR and Extreme X2 rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor - short action, 24" barrel, 1:8" twist. The website doesn't specifically state that they make it in left hand but it's implied, since they say "Right or left handed available" for the actions and don't have separate caliber lists for either one.

Not sure what someone would have to do to get one, probably order it through one of their dealers. I'd try Whittaker's before pretty much anyone else.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: New LH Ruger - 06/06/16
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Who else makes a 6.5 Creedmoor in LH ?

The Creedmoor is available for your Blaser R8. I just got a standard contour barrel.
© 24hourcampfire