Home
Started to get back into shooting after 25 years. Kids were never interested in shooting, they just wanted to play soccer. Started looking around for a left handed .22 and was impressed with the Savage BTVLSS. I've always looked down at Savage and Eastern European firearms as ugly and cheap. A co-worker wanted to sell a right handed CZ 452 for $200, so I thought I'll take a look at it. I was very impressed with the quality of the CZ. I bought it and shot it periodically. I then learned that CZ made a lefty 452, so I sold the righty and had every intention of purchasing the lefty 452. Then I ran across the Savage. I wanted a .22 to practice target shooting and the Savage, with its heavy barrel, was a better fit than the 452. I bought the BTVLSS and haven't regretted it. I've put about 200 rounds through it and its accuracy is beyond what I'm currently capable of exploiting. The thumbhole stock is a little big for my small hands and the bolt action needs polishing to get it smoother. No problem with the magazine as others have noted. Accutrigger feels good but I need to try to adjust it down. I receive compliments on it when I take it to the range. Overall, Savage did a good job on this model.
Got the same 22. Love it. I hunt with mine and it has put a lot of squirrels in heaven.
a lefty should shoot lefthanded guns.

i have a savage 22mag thats a real shooter.
© 24hourcampfire