Home
Posted By: hrnhuntr LH ULA - 01/21/18
I ran across a LH ULA model 28 300 win with a treaded barrel with thread protector. Has honest hunting wear but nothing bad no gouges or deep scratches. I would call it 90% and it has a Vari x III 2.5x8. What do you guys think it’s worth?
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: LH ULA - 01/22/18
I don't know but I'd pay a dollar to watch someone shoot it.
Posted By: bbassi Re: LH ULA - 01/22/18
LOL. Me too!
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: LH ULA - 01/22/18
I'm also in, but I'll pay $5 to watch a full mag get fired.
Posted By: hrnhuntr Re: LH ULA - 01/22/18
Show up at the range and bring your wallet. I guess this is example of what the “fire” is turned into,
Posted By: BobMt Re: LH ULA - 01/22/18

I will shoot it.....without the muzzle brake.....done it serval times......with that gun , its mine.....bob

hrnhuntr....you should get the 375 h&h gentry while you are at it.....bob
Bob, it’s a nice rifle but too heavy for my taste but the metal work is beautiful.
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: LH ULA - 01/22/18
hrnhunter,

I owned a .300 ULA for several years. Shot elk. deer, and interior grizzly with it. The recoil is sharp and comes straight back but easily managed and feels a lot less than many heavier rifles.

I still have the rifle but had Melvin rebarrel it to .264....just because.

Buy it!

BTW I also had a 2.5X8 on mine and it held zero just fine.

lefty C
Thanks Lefty, I did buy it. I wasn’t concerned about the recoil I was more interested in how well ULA’s held value as they have usually been out of my price range. This one has hunted and has some honest wear but overall is in very good condition and is best feeling Lefty I have ever shouldered.

glad you like it....enjoy......bob
Posted By: MLF Re: LH ULA - 01/22/18
Congratulations, they are well tuned rifles. I sold a RH one in 6x284 for $1,900, no scope a few years ago. If I were to venture a guess. $2,500-2,2700 with scope.
Shoot it and enjoy it, don't worry about the resale value. Good memories are much more valuable.
Tell me about the Gentry.

mlf.....I own the gentry....I had david gentry build the rifle before he passed away. it is a really nice gun. you can call shedhorn sports in ennis mt....talk to rob the owner....406-682-4210.....and he can fill you in....I think it has been added to their website.

the only reason I am selling these 2, is I am going to concentrate on bird and coyote hunting. not only is the gentry a very nice gun, but it is a shooter.......bob
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: LH ULA - 01/22/18
I have a LH 300WSM ULA and at the bench it'll crack ya but in the field it's nothing at all. Same scope too.....

Enjoy your new gun, post a picture if you can.
Posted By: hrnhuntr Re: LH ULA - 01/23/18
Bob, is that a “Granite Mountain “ left hand mouser action on the Gentry?
Posted By: BobMt Re: LH ULA - 01/23/18

hh....I am drawing a blank....Charles Daly maybe ?....just for info, the gun was built as an dangerous game gun........that's why detachable scope and rings, pinned floor plate, barrel band, mauser sp action, back up iron sights....bob
© 24hourcampfire