Home
Posted By: bbassi New Blood in the family - 09/15/18
This place has been awful slow the last few months So I thought I'd show off some new toys. The matte one in the back is a 17 fireball repeater, and the gloss one in the front is a 220 swift that just came back from the smiths last week. Both had to be built (obviously). Sure would be cheaper to be a righty!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bbassi Re: New Blood in the family - 09/16/18
Boy I thought there would be some interest in these. I guess not.
Is the 17 built on a CDL action? The BDL's were all gloss bluing I believe.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: New Blood in the family - 09/17/18
Beautiful, bbassi! Been a little slow here on the Lefty forum lately, so haven't been checking back as often.
Very nice. Congratulations.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: New Blood in the family - 09/17/18
I am a righty and would enjoy having those!
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: New Blood in the family - 09/17/18

All of us lefties are in our right minds.

Steve
Posted By: 25aught6 Re: New Blood in the family - 09/17/18
Love the 220 Swift. Mine is built on a M1999 SS/LH action, Douglas XX 26" Fluted Barrel, Sako Varmint contour and a McMillan Sako pattern stock finished at 13 7/8 LOP. Shoots lights out
Posted By: bbassi Re: New Blood in the family - 09/18/18
WPA - the 17 FB is actually one of the few LH SPS fireball actions that Remington made. When I got it, the owner had punched the original FB barrel out to 17 Remington. It shot really well but was too heavy for what I wanted to use it for so I found another 17FB factory barrel in a sporter contour and had my smith screw it on. The ejector is located differently on these actions to help keep the brass on the bolt long enough to eject correctly. Something I didn't know when I bought the action but I'm glad I have it now. I stripped the stock on this one and removed the white spacers. I think it came out pretty good.
[Linked Image]

25aught6, That swift is kind of a frankin'gun. The barrel is a NOS Midway 1/14 SS 223 barrel I got off Ebay that I had punched out to a swift. I think I paid $60 for it. the action, bolt, stock and trigger all came from different sources. I had to open the barrel channel up quite a bit on this one and had it cerokoted in a gloss black. When I was a kid in high school and Remington first came out with these in a varmint setup I wanted one bad but we all know they never made a LH version. Now that I'm a little older I decided to make my own.
Posted By: verns Re: New Blood in the family - 09/22/18
Very nice.You did good to ditch the white lines,just my opinion.I sure like that Swift.
Posted By: 25aught6 Re: New Blood in the family - 09/25/18
Very cool. is your Swift's Contour a #5? I replay like the classic look on both of them. I'd throw a PIC of mine but am to computer challenged to do so!
Posted By: 30338 Re: New Blood in the family - 09/26/18
Nice looking rigs. And built on a pretty low budget. No need to slum rightys these days.
© 24hourcampfire