Home
I have acquired a factory new, Rem 700 LH short action (sans barrel, recoil lug or magazine components) and a HS Precision LH short action stock. I am searching for a gunsmith to build me a custom rifle chambered in 7mm-08. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. DJB
Mark Penrod
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Mark Penrod
Yep. He's pretty busy right now, but he's worth any wait. Can PM his contact information if you're interested.
I’m very happy with the rifle Alamo Precision built for me with those same parts.

Rem 700 action. Hs Precision stock. Timney trigger. X-caliber barrel. Fluted barrel / bolt. Cerakoted.

Great ppl to deal with.

Dave.
I would suggest you call Matt Yore at Sawthooth Rifles , he made me 3 lefty hunting guns from scratch and reworked a couple of others. All shoot great, and for me was willing to start with the parts I had acquired and build from there...

http://www.sawtoothrifles.com/

you can find him here on the campfire as myore

Robert
Thanks everyone.

I am going to list a gently used Browning Micro Hunter A-Bolt chambered in 7mm-08 if anyone is interested. I love the caliber and the rifle, but would like a longer barrel.

Thanks
bob green .....he is in your state and a very good smith that has been successful in the bench rest game as a smith and shooter....he is in york pa.google him
I've had Eddie Fosnaugh build a couple for me. Excellent shooters. Took a while though, but worth the wait.
Shaen rifles did one for me this year also. Very fast turn around and a great shooter also.
Thanks everyone
Originally Posted by SOUTHPAWARMORY
I would suggest you call Matt Yore at Sawthooth Rifles , he made me 3 lefty hunting guns from scratch and reworked a couple of others. All shoot great, and for me was willing to start with the parts I had acquired and build from there...

http://www.sawtoothrifles.com/

you can find him here on the campfire as myore

Robert

Go Pokes!
I'll second Alamo Precision Rifles in Texas-- spent a lot of time in their shop talking to their guys. They re-stocked a LH Model 70 with an amazing piece of wood.

AND- they built me a LH Rem 700 VS clone-- but its 22-250AI and has a threaded barrel that is blended so perfectly you have no idea it is there and they found the right HS stock in LH-- It shoots absolutely lights out.
© 24hourcampfire