Home
So my Christensen Arms Mesa arrived today. Picked it up and have to say the black stock looks better than the pics on the CA website. Weight is 6 lbs 13 oz. Not really a true lightweight, but it just has a good feel to it. Chambering is 5.4 Creedmoor. Checked the free float on the barrel with a piece of paper and there is no contact past the chamber. Hopefully I'll get it to the range in the next week or two for break in and groups. If it shoots well, I may be looking to move some of the LH stuff in the safe as I probably won't use it.

I am sure it will shoot great....what do you have...….bob
6,5 Creedmoor.
I think he meant in your safe;)
Originally Posted by 25aught6
I think he meant in your safe;)

I was hoping no one but ghost would get that......and then pm ….hint.....me, so I can get first crack.....thank you, 25naught6. .bob..........ha
Just shoot the barrel in like they suggest and you will be good to go. Mine is a 7-08 and a tack driver and I love it.
Sorry Bob-missed that one.

I'd be happy to send you one!

I was hoping no one but ghost would get that......and then pm ….hint.....me, so I can get first crack.....thank you, 25naught6. .bob..........ha[/quote]
I’m happy with mine in creedmoor.

Now if they’d do a lefty 6.5 prc.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I’m happy with mine in creedmoor.

Now if they’d do a lefty 6.5 prc.

Any more updates on how you guys like your rifles?

I emailed them about a left hand Mesa in 6.5 PRC and they are going to consider it. If they offer one of those before Tikka does I'll be awfully interested in one.
Deer season ended at end of January for us. Haven’t made time shoot mine since. Dang rain ever weekend....
Hope you guys keep us updated, they look to be a lot of gun for the money.
Originally Posted by gerry35

PRF has a couple of LH in 6.5CM. Let me know how you like it. 😉
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Had to take a look and you are right lol. Good thing I have a good 260 right now wink Did you take a look at them in person yet?
Haven't had a chance to get back to the range. Hopefully have more info soon...

Had to take a look and you are right lol. Good thing I have a good 260 right now wink Did you take a look at them in person yet?

I wouldn't kid about something like that. LOL.

No Sir, I haven't. I'm not really in the market for a Creed. Like you, a 6.5PRC would get my attention!
Originally Posted by ghostrider272
Haven't had a chance to get back to the range. Hopefully have more info soon...

Looking forward to seeing how it does for you.

I wouldn't kid about something like that. LOL.

No Sir, I haven't. I'm not really in the market for a Creed. Like you, a 6.5PRC would get my attention!

I miss my 264 WM and the 6.5 PRC comes fairly close to it's performance to be quite intriguing.
I'm a 7-08 fan and I am puzzled at all the hype of the 6.5 CM which is nothing but a short 6.5 SWD (which in itself is a fine Cartridge) when you can get a 6.5 PRC which seems to be a better long range load. I realize it doesn't yet have the range of ammunition the Creed does but that could change. Just curious
I handled a burnt bronze 6.5 prc and fell in love with the rifle. I told the dealer if the bolt was on the proper side I would take it home. He replied that they had left hand long actions on order so I immediately put a deposit down on a 28 nosler. That was 5 months ago now and they still aren't making them!! I was told they cant fill their right hand orders right now so they are delaying the leftys for at least another year!! Sucks to be us! While I was at that same dealer I spied a left hand browning abolt chambered to 7STW. It followed me home! I found it to be the most accurate rig I have ever owned!
Originally Posted by coyote268
I'm a 7-08 fan and I am puzzled at all the hype of the 6.5 CM which is nothing but a short 6.5 SWD (which in itself is a fine Cartridge) when you can get a 6.5 PRC which seems to be a better long range load. I realize it doesn't yet have the range of ammunition the Creed does but that could change. Just curious

Its relatively new and it sells rifles. Same thing the WSM line did years ago.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by coyote268

Its relatively new and it sells rifles. Same thing the WSM line did years ago.

And that's what drives a "Rifle Loony".........
© 24hourcampfire