Home
Had the Predator a year or so now. Actually shot a short range match (650 and in) with it last spring. Topped it with an SWFA in 3-15 FFP...even used "cheap" SWFA rings. I did add a Nathan's muzzle brake and had it timed. That's it. Overall VERY pleased. I spent NO TIME developing a load. I have a much heavier 700/Bartlein/MPA Chassis I use for matches. This is the same load for that rifle. 143 ELD-X over 41.5 H4350. 210GM. We get caught in the pissing matched here often. I am one who is short tempered and very intolerant and "follow" a few members who I have found credible over the years. So not a Formilodious fanboy, but he did (think it was him) have an interesting quote. Speaking of "Sub MOA rifles"....said a sub MOA rifle will put all of its rounds in or on a MOA dot. Lots of great groups out there by various priced rifles.....but will all the rounds intersect the point of the reticle and stay there?

This target confused the [bleep] out of everyone. There are 3 1" dots on the bottom. I downloaded 15 shooting scenarios off the website. The developer has already gone through the trouble of doing the math and calculating the come ups in: MOA, Mil and Inches Per Hundred Yards. So the bear silhouette on the middle right edge. That impact was after dialing up 9 MOA and adding 14 MOA right....WHILE AIMING at the dot on the bottom far left of the target. The Heart is only 1/4" The White outer ring is only 1". Think the most dope on a scenario is about 32 MOA up. To me....that is a TON to expect from a scope. Overall I was pretty impressed. It's a $450 rifle in $34 rings. Wearing a $600 optic.

Left dot shows initial zero confirm. I dialed back to ZERO after each scenario. Think there was over 700 MOA of travel dialed into the scope over the 17 rounds. Final shot at final zero on dot #2. Still inside the 1 MOA dot. I'll keep it. I did notice this scope tracked a bit HOT after about 15MOA elevation. Could see the impacts starting to go high.

This is all shot at a static 100 yard, plumb with the earth target.

[Linked Image]
If any of you Lefties know how to get a 6 Creed 7.7" Predator Lipsey's run and have interest....lemme know!
I remain impressed at how well the Ruger American rifles shoot. Good shooting there, outlaw.
My reading comprehension is a little off tonight. Took me a couple tries to figure out what you were doing. Now that I understand, that is fairly impressive reliability of both the rifle and the scope... Good job...
In the instructions:

Scenario #12 Bighorn Sheep

Aim at Bullseye #3

Dial Up 21.25 MOA and Left 4.25 MOA

Scenario # 13

Aim at Bullseye #1

Up 12.5 MOA and Right 9.25 MOA

You've got it, but make it more readily understood? Can be confusing to explain in person.
Interesting target and exercise. Nice job!

I have the same rifle, but wearing a SS 6x MQ in XTR Sigs. Incredibly accurate and reliable at all ranges. Great value.
© 24hourcampfire