Home
Posted By: verns Did Ruger make LH 25-06 ? - 04/16/19
Never did notice one but just got the urge .I have turned into a recoil puss thats a fact .
Posted By: ejo Re: Did Ruger make LH 25-06 ? - 04/16/19
I remember a LH stainless / laminate stocked m77 version but think the barrel was a little heavier than a sporter contour.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Did Ruger make LH 25-06 ? - 04/16/19
Yes.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...d/53393/Ruger+77+Hawkeye+25-06+Left+Hand
was a heavy biyatch. Had one. Moved it
Yes they did. I own 2 right now, one blued/walnut and one stainless/laminate. Heavy barrel tack drivers. These are the Hawkeye m77 models. They discontinued them more than 5 years ago. Maybe closer to 10 years ago. There was one on gunbroker 1-2 weeks ago. They pop up now and then.

Craig
Posted By: tmitch Re: Did Ruger make LH 25-06 ? - 04/16/19
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808009539
Pretty proud of that one at that price. I gave less than $600 for my stainless one December 2017.
Posted By: verns Re: Did Ruger make LH 25-06 ? - 04/17/19
Thanks ,that is encouraging .My goal is the blue and walnut .
To my recollection, they technically made 7 for left-handed shooters - a blued M77 MK-II, and stainless MK-II, then a blued and stainless Hawkeye bolt. The last 3 were different configurations of #1s (so I'm fudging a little). I owned a #1B that put 3 in the EXACT same hole at 100 yards once - and with a witness! I never get impressed with myself, but this particular 3-shots were not consecutive. I put 2 in the same hole, then a seize fire was called on the range. It was about 10 minutes later and after a walk downrange and back when I put the 3rd in the same hole. Yep - sold that one!

My lefty Hawkeye I sold here on the Campfire years ago. I needed cash and something had to go. It is heavier than most because the 24" Ruger barrels of the day all had the same contour. The 300 Mag had a bigger hole down the middle of that barrel so it was the lightest. The 25/06 had the smallest hole, so it kept more of its steel. To compensate for the weight, I put a Leupy straight 6x36 on it vs. a bigger variable and that made things better.
I bought a LH Model 77 25-06 here on the fire about 2-3 years ago for under $400. It shoots lights out.
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
was a heavy biyatch. Had one. Moved it

stil have one.

stainless / laminate. Nice looking gun.

Not something to lug around all day. A food plot gun.
Posted By: verns Re: Did Ruger make LH 25-06 ? - 04/22/19
Sounds like they show up .The blue and walnut is my preferred. Thanks
© 24hourcampfire