Home
Posted By: Orion2000 Anyone else notice .... - 07/14/19
... the Left Hand Carl Gustaf custom over on Hallowell by Duane Wiebe ? Dirt cheap. I understand that the CVA action might not be the most popular. But thinking the rifle is selling for about 1/4 (or less) of the cost to reproduce it. If I had not just received my LH 6.5x55 back from Jim Kobe, this would be sorely tempting.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/14/19
Push feed customs always seem to be difficult to sell unless they were built on a Sako action.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/14/19
I noticed he's got a few nice left hand customs. That Dale Goens Savage is a looker too. Something else I notice is that many of his high end wares are actively rusting. Damn man, if you're gonna take high resolution pictures, wipe off the nasty fingerprints and clean up the corrosion!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/15/19
Where is this you guys are seeing this?
Posted By: tmitch Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/15/19
http://www.hallowellco.com/Custom%20Rifles%20For%20Sale.htm
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/15/19
thank you
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/15/19
I didn’t look close enough to see the rust on those Savage customs till you pointed it out. Amazing they are trying to sell them without a good cleaning first. Makes their entire operation suspect.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/15/19
I thought that they wanted to show the actual condition warts and all, not sure which it is. But at least a wipe down and get the wax out of the checkering.
That custom tang safety is sweet.

$2500 for a Savage?!
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/15/19
Originally Posted by Tejano
I thought that they wanted to show the actual condition warts and all, not sure which it is. But at least a wipe down and get the wax out of the checkering.

I noticed rust spots on several rifles as well. Likewise, assumed that they just wanted to show warts and all...
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/17/19
A fancy blued walnut custom on a Savage action is like wipin' before you poop. It just don't make sense.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/17/19
In defense of Savage don’t forget they started making left handed rifles in 1959. If you were left handed back then you didn’t have many true left handed options.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Anyone else notice .... - 07/19/19
Originally Posted by Mike_S
In defense of Savage don’t forget they started making left handed rifles in 1959. If you were left handed back then you didn’t have many true left handed options.

Correct. They have had their ups and downs like everyone has, but have prevailed and offer fine rifles that will shoot as well as most customs. They are easy to re-barrel and the Classic version is a fine-looking rifle. Anyone bashing them, must just want a pretty little rifle to hand on the wall and not use. I will buy a Savage,before buying a new Remington.
Originally Posted by sbhooper
...the Classic version is a fine-looking rifle.
Uh,okay.
© 24hourcampfire