Home
Got this email from Redhawk Rifles. Mesa Precision Carbon Stocks now available.

https://redhawkrifles.com/mesa-precision-arms-altitude-carbon-fiber-stock-tikka-t3-t3x/
Got my LH Mesa Altitude stock for my Tikka last September. Hunted with it the fall and love it!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Roy
Well done. I guess I presumed it was just now being offered in the market. Apparently not. Thanks for the posts. Good looking stock.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Well done. I guess I presumed it was just now being offered in the market. Apparently not. Thanks for the posts. Good looking stock.

Thanks Bud! The Altitude is a very well built stock. Fit and finish was perfect! It did take me a little time to get used to it. Thicker grip and wider forend than I’m used to but after a few moths of shooting it really grew on me. I will defiantly order a few more.

Roy
I emailed AG Composite last week asking about this stock (I am pretty confident it's this model, but not positive) and they informed me it's only available via MPA or whoever distributes it....ie…..AG is not gonna sell you one. As a new Tikka T3X superlite owner I am curious why ditch the factory stock? I could see a fat barrel carbon build, but I am pretty comfortable with the factory weight and ergos with the added grip panel. Not being an azzz . Just asking.
I can only speak for me but sometimes, I just prefer a change in stock feel. I have several Tikka factory synthetic stocks and they all work well but occasionally, a change might be in order. Some do not like the factory stock so a change is required.
I have nothing against the factory stock except the comb is to low. I prefer a higher comb for better scope accusation.
Thinking the AG will for sure get you a higher comb and better weld.
The Altitude is a mirror image of the Manners MCS-T, the only exception being the length of comb-- on the manners they cut a slot for the bolt when it is open to the rear, on the altitude they just removed that entire piece of the stock.

I have the Altitude on a LH Remington platform-- overall it is lighter than the MCS-T by a few ounces because they've found a way to mold the forearm with the same shape and dimensions but less material.

They can be purchased from Mesa Precision or Red Hawk Rifles--

I have a T3 .300wm that I am turning into a fast twist 270wsm and will be running the Altitude so that all my bolt rifles will have similar fit/feel/function
I like the 270 WSM above all the other WSM offerings.
© 24hourcampfire