Home
Thought I'd share this for anyone looking...
Liquidation seems to be the theme of the day for many of us, but with the long and generous turkey seasons in Idaho I decided to seek out a dedicated LH turkey gun.
I've utilized the wife's RH youth Mossberg 500 20 ga. for years, so it seemed a logical choice to seek out another in lefty. Fortunately Mossberg thought of us southpaws with its 500L 12 gauge.
This retailer is the only one I could find in the country with any available stock, The price seems right with the 'text a check' option, shipping is free.

One on the way to Idaho.

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=67692
LIB.......didn't know they made a lefty 500. With the tang safety I though of them as kinda ambidextrous anyway.
Tang safety is convenient, but that left side ejection port is where it's at for me.

Most of my life I dealt with crap in my eyes from RH shotguns.
I've never noticed ejecta from a right port gun. I have always worn glasses or safety glasses, though. No doubt it is a nuisance for some.

My turkey guns, excepting an old Mossberg kept for sentimental reasons, are aluminum frame and break-action with tang safeties. If I were to buy a Mossberg pump for turkeys today, it would be a Mossberg 505AF. Those have a short mag tube which reduces weight.

It sure is nice to have so many options nowadays!
© 24hourcampfire