Home
Anyone have any? 22/410? Or? STD? Deluxe?
I have just a few and just wondered if anyone else enjoys them like I do.
I just dont see many around.......
Thanks
Ed
I've only seen one in my life, a .410/.22 Hornet in a gunshop in Middlebury VT in the late 1980s. Of course, I had no money at the time.... He also had a .410/.410.
22 hornet/410 would certainly be a nice addition!
I have 2 410/410s one is a Skeet King a 22/410 std and a deluxe,, and a 30-30/410.
I'd like to find a 22hornet/410!!
Not sure why, but I sure like them!
Model 90s and the Remington 32 SHOULD have been trend setters. But weren't for some reason, Great Depression? Just good 'ole American conservatism?

It took WWII to start us with O/Us. Brownings first, then all the great Berettas, and then O/Us from everywhere.

Many of us just shoot them better than SxSs!
I went on a tear for a while thinking I wanted to jump aboard, but with so few to find and such high entry fees, I abandoned the game. How do they shoot?
They shoot nice Fireball.
The small ones are pretty dainty! Pretty slim and light.
I had a 12ga. years ago. It shot well. Not like a Browning Superposed but it was nice.
The small frame 410s are just so sleek and light they're a joy to carry
I'm not a fan of any O/U who's barrels are separated. I'm old school and am particular about the looks of my guns!
All my years at the gun counter, I never had one come through a shop where i was working. Would love to have one, but they have too much collector value, now.
I think you folks should post some photos. They always looked like such nice guns.
Bfly
My dad was an old time Winchester and Marlin lever action collector.
Back in the 80s he walked into an old smoke and gun shop in Waukegan, Il
They had a Model 90 22/410 deluxe and factory engraved.
Nice wood!
He asked to see it and was told it was on hold/layaway....
He talked the owner into selling it to him for cash on the spot right there!
I'm not sure the Old Man was ever as proud of acquiring any other gun!
30 years later I was with him when he bought the 30-30/410 from the same guy at a gun show.
yeah,i enjoyed it,i enjoyed them than Ssxs.
I have a Model 90 in 16ga, nice little grouse gun. I always thought the a model 90 in 218 Bee would be a great coyote rig. I have a few Euro combo guns BRNO and Bernardelli that I hunt coyotes with.
I still have a Savage 2400 (made in Finland by Valmet) in 12 ga/.222 Rem that I use for a "walking varminter." Very nice gun.
I have a 16 Ga. M90 that was sold by Sears as "Ranger". My dad gave it to his father for Christmas and the old man traded him back for the old family M12 Win. in 16 Ga. Old man couldn't get used to the double trigger on the Ranger.
I would love to run across a 30-30/410, I’ve got an early 16 gauge that I had the wood redone on and it’s a real sweetheart!
Have never seen one. Wish I had picked up some of the Savage 24's when they were everywhere. Now I rarely see one and they are priced to reflect the scarcity.

Same goes for the one Valmet I've run across
Originally Posted by Mesa
I still have a Savage 2400 (made in Finland by Valmet) in 12 ga/.222 Rem that I use for a "walking varminter." Very nice gun.

I have two of the plainer Valmet versions in 12/222, and I recently sold my 12/22 HP version to a good friend and member here. The 12/HP had been my walk-around gun. They're handy rigs.

I'd love to score a Marlin 90 someday.
I would love a .22/410!
Just picked up a 16 gauge, I just love it. My brother has a Savage 24, in 22/410. He got it for his 16th birthday
Originally Posted by Tom_in_VT
I would love a .22/410!

Here you go. YIKES!
eek

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...22-410-sears-ranger.cfm?gun_id=101631354
I have been eyeballing a Marlin Mod 90 16 ga for awhile, but I don't know if I like the gap between the barrels . I think they are asking $500.00 for it!
I have never seen one of the combo guns made by Marlin. Plenty made by Savage Stevens. !!
After 60+ years, I would think I would have seen one. I have handled a Marlin lever action 410 (old one) though.

Do you think $500.00 is too high for the one I mentioned above?
Originally Posted by kennymauser
I have been eyeballing a Marlin Mod 90 16 ga for awhile, but I don't know if I like the gap between the barrels . I think they are asking $500.00 for it!
I have never seen one of the combo guns made by Marlin. Plenty made by Savage Stevens. !!
After 60+ years, I would think I would have seen one. I have handled a Marlin lever action 410 (old one) though.

It depends entirely on condition. If it's very straight, and the stock's not cut it is worth $500.00. There is getting to be some collector interest in the Marlin 90s.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

It depends entirely on condition. If it's very straight, and the stock's not cut it is worth $500.00. There is getting to be some collector interest in the Marlin 90s.

I agree on the value. The 16ga usually brings a little bit of a premium over a 12ga.
Personally, I am not a fan of the separated barrels either.
The earlier Model 90s did not have the separated barrels. Marlin started around 1950 with separated barrels(IIRC).

I agree on the value. The 16ga usually brings a little bit of a premium over a 12ga.
The earlier Model 90s did not have the separated barrels. Marlin started around 1950 with separated barrels(IIRC).

I would love a .22/410!

Here you go. YIKES!
eek

Damn! That's a nice one!
I bet it sells for close to that.
Originally Posted by 06hunter59

I would love a .22/410!

Here you go. YIKES!
eek

Damn! That's a nice one!
I bet it sells for close to that.

It almost sold for that to me!
You would not be disappointed with at 22/410!
I would buy it, but I already have 2 22/410s.
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
22 hornet/410 would certainly be a nice addition!
I have 2 410/410s one is a Skeet King a 22/410 std and a deluxe,, and a 30-30/410.
I'd like to find a 22hornet/410!!
Not sure why, but I sure like them!

There's a few marlin 90's on Guns International - mostly shotguns. I've been wondering if I need one as bad as I think i might....
Hello all. New guy here!! I know this is an old thread, not sure anyone will see this. So... Anyway, I recently scored a Marlin model 90 in 218 Bee over 410. Information is sketchy as hell about these things. This one has me hooked. Definitely looking to get other combinations/calibers!!!
I'd love to run across a .410 or 20 gauge in decent shape, might be the perfect farm walking around rifle in my parts.
218 over 410? Nice score!
Congratulations! I'd love to add a good 218/410 to my model 90 collection.
Any chance of posting a couple pictures?
I saw one at the Wasilla gun show many years ago 218 Bee/20 gauge(I think). I don't recall for sure the gauge but it was a 218 Bee for the rifle barrel. I threw a lot of high dollar trade stock at him but couldn't come to terms. I've never seen another one.
As a Family several members have enjoyed the Savage model 24 as a combination .22 caliber over the 410.

We probably have at least a half dozen in use on our Farm Property in PA year round. Just a lot of fun to shoot with the extra carry options.

Not a Marlin and not trying to hijack the thread but we're pretty happy with these and very affordable years ago when they we're purchased.

Once again I can credit my late Father in Law for educating us.

HS 58
Heres a link to the site I bought it from. Marlin 90 218Bee/410. I also have a Marlin 410/410, and Sears Ranger 22/410. [img]https://www.proxibid.com/lotinforma...ee-over-+-under-combination-shotgunrifle[/img]
© 24hourcampfire