Home
Posted By: dian Voere 20 gauge over 222 Rem Mag - 12/17/20
I have a friend with this firearm.
He believes this is from 1968. Has some marks on the wood and butt plate, metal is good. Call it good condition. It was his fathers and if I had to guess, never fired.
Barrel length is 24.
From what I found they were made from about 1967 until 1982 in various combinations.
I've found some old auctions, current one with no bids, and two for sale in Canada. Prices range from $450 to $1200. My thinking retail $700 - $800??
Any insights, particularly valuation, from anyone familiar with these would be appreciated.
Thanks
Plain to ugly, poorly balanced, strong, and unrefined pretty much describes them. They work OK.

I far and away prefer the 330 Valmet series guns in the same price range. Savage 2400, Valmet Lion, and Valmet 300 series guns have interchangeable barrels, and you can sometimes find extra barrel sets in different gauges and calibers. You can also use inexpensive better quality air gun scope mounts on them as QD mounts.
I could tell you stories of clicking firing pins on a coyote hunt and a big blacktail peppered with #6 shot but let's just say that dog wouldn't hunt.
© 24hourcampfire